Left Front Wheel Squeek

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All. I've check all the posts for noise and can't find any scenario that matches mine. I have a constant squeek in the left front wheel. It goes away during braking, so I assume its the ceramic pads. I haven't had a chance to pull the wheel off yet to see if anything else looks wrong. Would ceramic pads contribute to this issue? Or do you think it is more serious? Thanks in adavance. -Fresh

Could be the wear indicator, OR the caliper is sticking....

IF it stops when you step on the brake, it is the pad sensor, or a sticky caliper..

Todd Z

Long shot here - "excluder" seals? The noise would decrease as you slow, but not directly when applying the brakes.

I pulled the wheel and saw that the back pad was creating a lip on the rotor. I used a file and knocked off the lip. Some rust on the vented portion of the rotor also cmae off. No more noice. Its been a week.

The noise was still there. Took it to the dealer. They said that I was getting a false skid reading from the ABS sensors. The replaced both front sensors. The originals had gotten dirty from rust build up. I had purchased the preium care extended service plan. It only cost me $50 deductible.