Leaking Gas tank?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben Schepper

Reaction score
So not only is my alternator on my truck bad (although I have a new one coming tomorrow) I just walked out after leaving it set for a few days and see a small gas leak up under the tank. Slow driper it appears.

What are my options here. Not sure if I want to take it to the stealership. This truck is beginning to become a PITA. Not sure how much longer ill hold onto it if problems keep coming up.

Maybe the filler neck is just loose, maybe you spilled gas during the fill up...... The st has a plastic tank, it has to be a small connection, OR a breather line from the tank filler neck to the tank...

I am sure it is not a major repair......

Todd Z

Hmm so that metal pan under my truck is just a guard? Maybe this wont be so bad. Thanks Todd. I guess ill take it in after i replace the alt tomorrow.

If you have a tank leak, it will be the first one I have heard of. I am betting you will find the issue to be a connection or a defective fuel filter. I have seen filters rust through from the inside out due to water.

"Climb under"?

Tom- that is how we talk down here in the Ozarks! However, we usually add another preposition in there- such as "Climb up under the porch"

:lol:

Hey, in East Tennessee "climb up under" was the right way to say it, since it was a climb to get anywhere anyway!