Just test drove an 07 ST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO...I think when someone signs up, Rich Stern needs to see if the email is a true contact for the member..if not Ban them....:huh:

I drove a 2006 V8 Explorer. I didn't think that power was that much more pronounced. I wonder how it will feel in the Trac.

Tom

I got my point across. So quit whining! I took it off.

Q the problem isn't your opinion. It's the fact that you're pretty much an arrogent sarcastic ass when you convey it. Tell me, how many of these arguing posts have people gotten into between Tom and the rest of the site. Almost every time you post it just erupts. I mean come on, you can't even keep from calling everyone stupid names. Hell is it so hard to even type "Caymen"? I'm honestly amazed you're still able to post here. Bill Barber was banned for less than this.

Last edited by a moderator:
V8 is a mod lovers paradise. Thats but I did with an old 302 v8 explorer motor. Plus 3 valves is nice too.

Like I do with others, I don't let people get to me with petty stuff which only feeds them more. I have never had a problem with anyone here including Bill Barber (BTW - Bill's wife grew up in the same neighborhood that I did, but I never knew her then), and we still communicate occasionally.

Q...Im no dummy, I have more than one email address..if gets spamed it gets spamed, so what. If you were really intrested in comunicating, other than stirring the pot on the board yourself. You would have some throwdown email addresses that work...

LaRue is comparing his early 2001 job1 with 3.73 gears to the 2007 with 4.10 gears, that's enough of a difference to feel. The new V6 may not have much more HP but the gearing can make all the difference in the world.

Sorry but according to when you go to build/price one the 4.0l only comes with 3.73 gears no 4.10's and the V8 only gets 3.55's there are no other options. Probaly because of the IRS would be my guess.

Q, you said.

This is exactly why I don't give out my email, because some butthole may indeed post it here for the SPAMMERs to harvest. Oh wait, looks like one already did. Dummy.

Now who called who a dummy.I think, You have rattled so much you forget what you said.

I only have one thing more for you, Join AA, even if you dont drink, or give up the pills..:eek:

Allen, you could read the repetitive pic postings of Larry's and jeff's or todd's trucks. They should be banned for spamming and wasting bandwidth.

Hey now, how'd I get dragged into this? I don't repetively post pics of my ST, but when someone starts a thread asking for pics of something, I usually have it. If you're here to do the poke-for-poke thing, why'd I get poked?

As for the difference of the feel of V6's. My wifes Mountaineer has the same V6 as mine and I can say it does seem to have more power than mine. Her Mounti will "sh*t and get" and it's all wheel drive. LaRue, did you notice if the tranny shifted different? Almost like as if it was a standard? Not real quick on the shift like the older ST. The Mounti does that and is alittle bit of a pain in the a** but easier on the tranny.

Okay then....[Broken External Image]:

Back to the subject... I stopped by the dealer and took an '07 ST for a spin (Black XLT, 4x4, V6). The power is noticibly crisper right when you start rolling. Once you are moving along it seems about the same. It's tough to compare though, because it is definitely smoother and quieter so you don't sense the engine as much. Shifting was fine. It didn't do anything that caught my attention. There is no comparison in terms of handling. It is rock solid, no wallowing around. The area behind the driver side rear seat has a storage compartment (when not being used to house the subwoofer). There is room behind the rest of the rear seat can be used to store stuff. Could easily put in there some pockets or something like the project that was recently posted. The Tonneau cover can be opened without a key if you want. That's cool. It still locks, but it acts as a button which releases the latch if left unlocked. The lock is also angled so it does not protrude under the cover. Also does not stick up above the cover as much. The cover itself is lighter and thinner, but seems to be as rigid. Have to look more into that. There is a sticker saying it is not watertight. I don't have that on my '02. I wonder if that is a result of the issues they are having with the Ridgeline. It's really not watertight and evidently many buyers thought it was. My '02 doesn't leak unless you try to spray water through the seal, and then not much at all. Overall, very vice. That's all for now. :D

PRM, dead on with stuff I left out. I agree with your thoughts. Thanks for bringing the thread back. I WANT 1 SOOOOO BAD!:wacko:

PRM, where did you get that *horse emocon* that thing is great:lol:

All the talk is making me consider taking a drive to the dealership and checking out a new 'trac.

Although with me losing my job in the end of October kinda makes the actual idea of purchasing one a nonstarter.

Y'all have a good one

Bob

Robert,

I have a buddy that lived in GA, he retired from the military and didn't find a job in four months. He came to Oklahoma and had a job in two weeks. Maybe it is time for a move...

OK, here it is.............. :angry:

The next person that posts the letter between "P" and "R" is gonna get whapped across the chops really hard....

Understood ? :huh:

Latest posts