Just test drove an 07 ST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaRue Medlin

Reaction score
McGlaucklin Ford unloaded one last night and I drove it this am. All I can say is WOW!!!!!! I love it! It's quiet, roomy, comfortable and has better power than my 01. Rides like a car. The t-cover is lightweight and easy to open. The six cd changer and sound systems sounds good too... Now just fix the back window and Rose's Expediton is gone..... The window sticker was 29 and change. Which is not too bad considering I paid 26 for my 01 in 2000. They are getting a V-8 model next week, so I'm going back to drive it and see the difference.... Come on Job 2..................:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

La rue "....If u get a chance to test drive the V8, let us know if the 292HP worth the extra bucks, or is it better to just get the V6:)

Q -Why do you question him if he says it feels like it has better power? Have you driven it? Comparing the '07 ST media guide to the Ford website ('05 ST), the new ST has 5 more HP and 12 lb-ft more of torque with the V6 on 87 octane gas. Not sure if there are subtle gearing differences or tuning differences that would effect how the power is felt or improvements that lead to increased rear wheel horsepower as well. If he has driven it and says it feels better, and that more or less goes along with the numbers, why question it if you haven't driven it? I appreciate his thoughts and I'll reserve my personal judgement and criticisms to actual experience.:rolleyes:

There is a black one just up the road that I may have to take for a spin!:cool:

PRM,

Beware. Q will have to start calling you names because you questioned his intellegence.

Tom

Thanks PRM,,, my thoughts exactly. TO ME,,, if feels like it had more power. My ST had the 373 gears on 15' rims. This ST felt soooooo much better...

Q,

Don't act so ignorant!

LaRue is comparing his early 2001 job1 with 3.73 gears to the 2007 with 4.10 gears, that's enough of a difference to feel. The new V6 may not have much more HP but the gearing can make all the difference in the world.

I had a 2001 Job1 with 3.73 axel and purchased a 2003 Sport Trac with 4.10 rear axle and there is a very noticable improvement in the vehicles acceleration.

...Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
But, and I say again, the horsepower and torque are not the same according to Ford when using 87 octane fuel. +5 HP and +12 lb-ft of torque might make a difference, even if the '07 is heavier. The fact that it has a different camshaft, different plugs,more horsepower and torque, and that the HP and torque peaks occur at different RPMs due to revised tuning leads me to believe that it might feel different. Maybe even "better." But I'll drive it first before coming to a conclusion.

Q - Out of curiosity, what is your justification to say as a statement of fact that the '07 "doesn't" have better power? If you have some information which will make us all smarter consumers, fill us in.

He likes to call people names...

And I am a bad sport.

Honestly, I think it is time to contact Rich Stern about having Q no longer welcomed here.

Tom

Q - yes, all you did was ask....but have you ever heard of a biased question?

How can the new V6 have 'better' power..when it doesn't? Maybe you got those rose-colored glasses on eh?

Personally, I side with Tom on this one. You're the one being childish. I wonder if Rich get's paid for babysitting too...

So far I have not seen the ways of Bill Barber or Shabadoobie in Q's posts... It's on the edge but I don't think it would justify a ban... IMHO.

Although I think that Q should use the correct alias/name of other posters, again MHO.

If "all [you] wanted to know is what gave him the impression that it was more powerful", then you shouldn't have phrased it the way you did, Q:

How can the new V6 have 'better' power..when it doesn't? Maybe you got those rose-colored glasses on eh?

The tone of that post was condescending. I don't recall Caymen putting people down on this site, but you seem to make a habit of it.

That's my opinion, after visiting this site every day for 6 months now.

**Edit - Ah, Jenn beat me to it**

---------------

Anyway, to the topic at hand: The more I look at the '07, the less I care about the big shiny front end. I like the independent rear suspension, the little cubby holes in the bed, the available V8... and according it LaRue, it sounds like the new ST is quieter inside than ours (not a big deal, but it does matter...) I'm not a huge fan of the new interior, but it's not a make-or-break point for me. I don't regret buying my '05 last year, but I'm wondering now if I'll be wanting a job 2 when they come out as bad as I wanted my '05. If so, I'm gonna be in trouble.... :)

I tried contacting Q directly, man to man.

Q hides behind an ID and does not share his email address. I would not mind talking direct via email instead of taking it up online.

Tom

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts