Just test drove an 07 ST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I could drop one, I could see alot of potential for my next vehicle. I like the new ST. As for the grill, that's just something else to mod. I've seen it painted to match the rest of the vehicle, and that REALLY helps the look! Too bad they won't release it with the nostril/crosshatch version that was on the Adrenalin.

LaRue, I'd love to see a new one after you get done with it if the 2001 was any indication.

PRM, I wonder if it will stay good and solid with no wallowing a few miles after you leave the lot, once the suspension and shocks have broken in.

Who cares about the hp? I want to know about the important stuff. Did the rear window roll down?

LaRue,

I if you say it felt like it had more power, then I believe you. Don't let people like "Q" discourage you. Just keep posting and if we ignore him, maybe he will get the hint and just go away!

If we do not respond to anything he posts, he will get tired and leave the site, or he will become desparate for attention and do something that will get him banned. We can only hope :D

...Rich

Larry, I guess we'd have to ask the folks with '06 Explorers and find out how they are doing after getting some miles on them. Fair question though. I drove an '06 Explorer for a couple of months that had ~7k on it if I recall correctly. It was still good, very good. I did think the engine on the '07 ST I drove felt tight compared to the Explorer. The ST only had 10 miles it so I guess that's to be expected to some degree. On a related note, I wonder if the tranny on the V6 is the same as the one on our STs? I haven't had any problems yet (~67k) but it seems like a fair percentage have.

I would have had to use Allen's tool to get the window down on the one I drove. I'm definitely waiting on that change. Still have to weigh all the other potential vehicles out there too.

Bob, the animations came from various sites. Here's one I like [Broken External Image]: I like them, add some humor. :D

OMIGOSH

OMIGOSH

OMIGOSH!!!!!!!!!!!

P251's are being driven all over the test lots here at PDC....I'm just lickin my chops!!!!!!!!!!

:p

LaRue,

Job2 is gonna have a lot more sweeter things than that power-down back light wdo!!!

I think I'm gonna xplode............... :eek:

Tom,

Thanks. He could not stay quiet for even an hour ;)

...Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
R - and those more sweeter things would be....? At least some hints here...

A green color choice?

A cool front end based on the new Ford designs ('07 Expedition, 4 Trac concept, etc). Don't need the whole thing changed, just the chrome grill section.:cool:

Toss us a bone here, I'm weighing all the options on the market out there and the competition is tough.

Trivia question for you. Can the plastic fender flares just be removed (by the owner, not necessarily as an option)? Would look okay with 255 or 265 sized tires, but overwhelming those little bitty things that are on there (at least on the front anyway, back looks good). I noticed some of the Explorers do not have them.

Q,

You ought to practice what you preach...........

Could it be your life is so boring oh, what life? !People like Q lead sad lives and have to act the way they do for attention and pleasure to entertain their saddness.

BTW....Tom & Teresa, we love you guys, too.

RichardL, you & Linda are wonderful people, just wish there were more people like you two and the others that we have meet at all the 11 meets we have attended.

People like Q lead sad lives and have to act the way they do for attention and pleasure to entertain their saddness.

Edited

Like I said, I take nothing personal, I don't know any of you, but many of your remarks are uncalled for and show a complete lack of maturity (surprise).

That is your problem. You don't care about what happens here. Most people do. You should not be the person to talk about maturity. I am not saying I am mature, because I know I am not, but I try to avoid stirring the pot just because I don't care what the concequences are.

Maybe it is time to practice what you preach and show us your maturity and your motto of taking nothing personal and STFU. ;)

Tom

ps, And I am saying it with the utmost respect, but I know I don't need to, you are not going to take it personal.:)

Glad you liked the ride LaRue and PRM, R is right, many more toy options to come with that Job 2. Oh and I'm thinking 08 is going to be a "special" year for the newer ST models.

Larry, If they don't, you can always get it repainted to have that coool Jade/ Island Blue look!

:D

Ugh... Can sombody, anybody, please tell us what is planned for the future! Job 2, '08, whatever... ;) I'm thinking of getting something new (not necessarily limiting option to ST), and my issue with the ST is I can envision a few changes that would take it from "hmmm, interesting, I like it" to "I LIKE IT." And I'm not even talking about the Adrenaline because I need 4x4. I just want to be a fully informed consumer. :D

Okay, so you probably can't say what's ahead. Can you say when we might find out what's coming? Is the unusual delay in getting current ST info on the Ford website due to late breaking changes?

PRM I'm only gypsy~me~ but I really don't own a crystal ball :lol::p:D

I just have a gut feeling and instinct if you will :)

ps: I don't work for FORD but sometimes I wish I did. :)

Latest posts