Just got back from Maryland

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Caffyn

Reaction score
Went down to Maryland this w/e to see the niece and thier little ones(the ones who thought my golden retriever was a pony and could ride her). They're north of Baltimore off of route 83 near the PA border. Nice hilly country. Truck ran well, BUT, I filled up the tank back here in Jersey and only got 17.5mpg! 320.9 miles/ 18.311 gallons. Didn't think I was too heavy on the pedal, but thought it would be better than that. I guess its the price of having fun...Oh well. Bob

Bob,

I always see my MPG go down in the winter months. I think the fuel companies have a "winter blend" that they produce & sell durring the winter & the MPG are just not going to be good. Just my opinion.

Don:driving:

I buzzed up to South Dakota today - 400 round trip - E85 was $2.74 and I scored 16.4mpg and didn't get stuck with $3.98 for Premium Fuel - It feels a little less with the 102 octane winter blend they still call E85 but still zippy

The winter months yield lower fuel efficiency because the cooler air does not burn as thoroughly as warmer air. I always see a drop in MPG whenever the temps drop below 60.

Latest posts