IN LOUISVILLE !!!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having a GREAT TIME !!! tomorrow is the FARM ~~!~

YES !!!

Todd Z

Thanks for the pics svt.

I say for those that say, assy line workers are unskilled. They are wrong. The line is moving within a certain timing. The worker has to install their parts properly within a time limit. That is alot more tedous than sitting behind a desk. They do this day in day out, on their feet. Too monotinous for me.

Even more so than being a proccess control tech, that I was. Having a whole plant with 6 seperate processes to care for.

An assy line would drive me crazy. My hat is off to those workers.

Toyota is in the shipping crate rental business to help pay for the Total Recall they had this year. :bwahaha:

Tom

The Ford UAW and plant manager on the tour both said that the crew/workers they have currently are the best of the best at louisville.... they had cutbacks and changes and all the weak links and bad seeds left.... they found when it came time for the moves and changes all the long time employees and dedicated workers wanted to stay !!!!!

Feels good..

Todd Z

Great pictures! I love seeing the assembly shots - it is cool to see the drivetrain, or the dashboard fully assembled, but not installed.

Very cool - Thanks svt :haveabeer:!

There is not replacment for the ST.

Announcment will be soon on what will be built at the LAP.

Tom

Have fun, and Please post more pictures..

Enjoy the time there.. I wish I could have made it.. but I am in Denmark..

Hope to see everyone soon..

I will note that close to half the assembly line workers were women. The plant is not air conditioned but there are a lot of fans and exhaust fans and even though it was in the 90's outside, inside the plant wasn't too bad. It's not as noisy as you might expect either.

The plant temperature was about 110 degrees (I guess it was a "dry heat" :rofl:).

The noise was not that loud, but I am sure it exceeded the OSHA 8 hr levels.

That is a job I want no part of. I would hate myself if I worked there.

Tom

Latest posts