I need your help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Olaf- I am so sorry this happened- there is no sense in it and you just have to hang in there. Closed head injuries are unpredictable in their course and prognosis, but she is young and may fully recover quickly. Are they planning on a blood flow study or EEG?- Its been awhile since I studied Neurology but those tests may be on the horizon...Stay as strong as you can-your love and support will play a large role in her recovery. Know that we will be thinking of you.

Olaf, from one Canadian to another I hope and pray that everything will be ok for the both of you.

All my best to you and your girlfriend.

Don

Olaf, so sorry to hear about the tragic accident. Hang in there man. I'll be praying for you. I'm not sure what we can do to help, but if there is anything you can think of please let me/(us) know.

Best regards,

Lil Red

Another update, today was the best date for steady numbers so far. Hopefully this trend continues. We will see what happens.

Lasik1-All they are doing so far is CAT-scans. They are just worried about getting the pressure from her swelling brain down, not sure about anything else, they just keep saying to play it hour by hour and see what her condition is. The hospital she is in is a major trauma center and research hospital for all of southern Alberta, part of BC and Sask. So she is in good hands.

Thanks again,

Olaf

Todays update: A rough night for her I guess. Today her numbers are also kind of high so we will just see what happens. As of right now they are saying she will be in the ICU for at lease 2-3 weeks. This is going to be a rough roller coaster ride of good and bad days. Hopefully the outcome will be all good. On a personal note, I am dealing with things better now, what happened did happen, and now we just have to look ahead, hour by hour.

Olaf

Olaf - Thank you for opening up your life on this website. I have been touched by the responses of so many of the folks that I have learned from about Sport Tracs, and to read their postings in your time of need has really blessed me. Thanks to all of you guys and gals, and if I might be so bold as to speak for Olaf, I'd like a GROUP HUG with all of you.!!! Olaf, I, too, and my church here in Houston, is praying for you and your honey. We don't know why bad things happen to good folks, but they do. Keep on praying. We will.

Oh man, things are not good at all right now. Her pressure won't drop, looks like they are discussing option 2. I will update later.

Olaf

Olaf, Be strong for her. I've been away from the site for awhile and now just read this thread.

My prayers are with you and your girl friend.

LAST UPDATE, she went out of control last night. Her pressure became so bad that they now consider her to have a major brain injury. There is no chance of recovery. They are conducting a scan right now to see if there is any brain activity left, if not they are going to harvest her organs. If there is a little left (highly unlikely) we will stop treatment and her organs will be harvested.

So very sorry to hear that, Olaf. Remember you have LOTS of friends here thinking of you.

Olaf, As i've read this thread I've prayed that the outcome would be good. Sadly, it does not seem to be that way. I am deeply saddened by your loss and the loss to your friend's family. I will pray that her gift to other's in need bring life and happiness where it can. Take care my friend.

Olaf,

I am very sorry to hear about this. I have been keeping very busy with my move this week, but your situation has occupied my thoughts a lot. It has made me appreciate the time I'm spending with folks here more, because there is no guarantee I will see them again.

Let us know if there is anything we can do.

Nelson

Last edited by a moderator:
Olaf, As i've read this thread I've prayed that the outcome would be good. Sadly, it does not seem to be that way.

Bill, it might seem to be that way, but since they are planning on harvesting her organs, some other families are going to have their prayers answered. With the loss of one life, others may continue to live theirs.

I know it hurts and I hope I never have to experience it, but remember, what happens, happens for a reason.

The gift she is giving is the greatest gift one imperfect human can give to another. A heart for someone that needs one. Giving a kidney, lung, and any other organ to someone that will die without the transplant is simply the greatest thing she could have done.

A guy at work has a grandson that needed a bone marrow transplant. They were able to find a match but because of the confidentiality laws, they were never able to tell the donor thank you. There is nothing else he would rather do then to give the donor a hug and tell him thank you for helping his grandson live for a while longer.

Tom