hood scoopssss

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i love the stang scoop on the sport trac look...i was wondering if i was to pull one off a mustang from a local junk yard, would it fit well on my 03 trac with some 3M tape? as much as the sponsors on this site are nice, their scoops are way overpriced for me($200+ for a painted peice of plastic?!)

just wondering if anyone has 2 cents to give on the subject or other scoops, also anyone with pictures feel free to post...i have all the performance parts i need now time for the sex-appeal, im in the planning and saving-money process of painting the grey cladding white also

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
if you can find a junkyard hood scoop, i'd go for it. i'd like to find one for my mustang and my ST, but haven't seen anything in the local junkyards around here that would work.

as far as the 3M tpae, if you clean everything good first, don't think you'd have a problem. i use it to attach different items to my motorcycle and have never had anything come loose....in fact, i've gone back to change something and can't hardly pull it loose.

if you find a place for cheap scoops, i'd like to know also.

dutch

I installed my hood scoop with 3M tape, and 3M Automotive Adhesion Promoter 4296T. It's on good and tight, and has never budged since.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Stang scoop should fit fine, although it has bolts that protrude down for mounting. If you don't want to drill holes, then you shouldn't have a problem removing them and taping it down. Like said above, clean, clean and clean some more before taping it.

Projects Section......

http://www.mysporttrac.com/mysporttrac/projects/MustangScoop/mustangscoop.html

Also the Scoop EE sells is a super thick Fiberglass scoop, Not some cheep plastic...

Either case, See the LINK below

Todd Z

thanks for all the advice...i wasnt meaning to diss on the sponsors, just saying i cant afford $200 for something thats just cosmetics...anyone use a different style hoodscoop other than the mustang one?

CaptKirk,

The crossbars are wonderful and innexpensive, ive stacked several of my surfboards on them without issue...heres a link, i bought yakima pads for about $20 from a local dealer