History Channel never ceases to amaze me.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RicardL, I wasn't defending the joke itself. It just seemed from your VERY FIRST post that it didn't seem like you thought it was a joke, and everything after the replies to your first post seemed like back-peddling.

Read the joke, then your first post. Seems like you didn't think it was a joke, but some Internet Lore you wanted to debunk.

The follow-on about it being racist and immature seemed like cover to your mistake. Of course, I have no way to prove that, it just seems that way to me.

As I said, that's the way it seems to me. If that wasn't what happened I wonder why your first post didn't say something like:

Boo! That's not very funny, and as written, I can see some people actually believing that stuff. It's a nice play on words, but I personally don't find it that funny and can see how some Mexican's might find it offensive.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, and all I know about "Cynco de Mayo is that the Beaners kicked out the Frogs, so we get to drink Coronas on May 5th"...so says Carlos Mencia. No, Carlos Mencia probably never said that, but if he did, it wouldn't be racist because he is hispanic. But if I as an anglo say it, I am racist.

Sorry, Homey don't play PC!

TJR

TJR, nobleman, and others,

The fact that no Mexican or Hispanic person has voiced their objection to the joke does not make it right and does not mean that all Mexicans would approve of that joke or not find it insulting. The joke may have been an innocent play on words, but your continued compounding any insults with more assorted enthic jokes only shows you as you really are.

You don't care if you offend anyone, and if anyone complains you will throw more offensive material at them and try to rub it in their faces.

Perhaps it's only my opinion, but I find all of your actions rude and inconsiderate, but I'm sure you will take that as a compliment.

As I previously stated, It is what it is, and it matters not if you don't think you may have insulted someone. It's only important that that you don[t care if you offended anyone.

I'm done with this thread.

...Rich

More back peddling. Admit it RichardL, you thought Nobleman was putting out some Internet lore, not a joke, you tried to call him on it, got egg on your face, then turned it into a racism thing to compensate. I don't even SEE the racism in the original joke. It's just not there. Just a play on words. You really DO need to lighten up.

Oh, and one last quote:

"Lighten up Frances!"

This just goes to show you that we CAN'T make light of anything anymore, because everything has to deal with something and all things are of interest to someone, and all someones are part of some group....therefore if you make light of anything you are bound to offend SOMEONE.

Oh, but I think it's still okay to offend Christians. I saw a comic the other day of Jesus saying "Talk to the hand", and he held up his crucified hand to another guy who said "Jesus, that's just gross!"....in Islamic countries stuff like that causes riots...but here, an unoffensive joke with a Mexican holiday theme only causes a virtual shitstorm...so I guess we have tolerance, but only as far as we can tolerate the other guy... or only until we get egg on our face and have to then put out a mock call for political correctness in a hope that nobody notices.

Where did my America go?

TJR

Wow, I can't believe that Cinko De Mayo is all because of Mayonaise!!! Who would have ever guessed? Oh BTW- does anyone want to buy ocean front property in Oklahoma?

Latest posts