Heart Throb Exhaust

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmodifier999 Boyles

Reaction score
I read in previous posts about this exhaust being the only duel kit. Has anyone installed it? It sounds like a good deal, but I dont want to have to remove the spare tire. Also, how does it sound both inside the trac and outside? If anyone has any comments/suggestions/pics I would appreciate them. ;)

i know it is the only single in dual out exhuast kit available for our trucks. the system I THINK uses glass packs in the exhaust tips, (NOT SURE) i have heard some heartthrob kits and they sound very nice, but i'm not sure how they would sound on the 4.0. get it and let us know! hahaha, are they still giving away free tee-shirts with it? the kit is priced pretty fair i must say.

From my understanding, the pipes route around the spare. The mufflers are glass pack tips. They are replaceable. I would have tried it out if I had known about it before I bought my magnaflow. One thing about the glass packs at the end of the pipe. The exhaust gas will be cooler, they will last longer. Also they wont make the stupid rackity rack sound, that glass packs make, when they are before the tail pipe...

They are not a true dual kit as they do not have one for the 4.0 ST, the heart throb kit is a single in dual out just like all the others. Personally I have a Flowmaster single in dual out Delta 40 and love it.

I would also like to know how this kit is because I was thinking about purchasing it as well. If anyone has it please let us know.

i found a dual exhaust kit, cept its on ebay and its not the heart throb. not sure if good or bad or whatever but its a dual. it says its an after cat kit, but doesnt say if the picture is what you get or not. and if so, id say it looks like one would have to upgrade their cat to a single in/dual out. see link:

For less than that price you can have a custom shop make you one....

There was 1 member I can remember that bought it and installed it. They liked the kit and the fit, But was not 100% happy with the sound..

Todd Z

I was also thinking about the dynomax kit (singlr in/single out). The duel out is more for looks, but removing the spare tire is not an option. (If it wasnt for bad luck, i'd have none kind of deal.) I would like to see it installed, if anyone has any pics. Also if anybody knows of some custom exhaust shops in the Kansas City area that would bend some pipes for duels without removing the spare tire, let me know. I would be willing to take a road trip.

Latest posts