Headers?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really? 12 psi and nearing 500whp on a little M90. Lightning's can barely do that with a stock M112 and they have some forged internals with 0.8 larger displacement.

I think you need to have your truck dynoed on a couple other different dyno's. Maybe the calibration of this unit is off or something because those numbers are basically impossible for an M90.

You should be running in the high 12s or low 13s with that power to weight ratio with the stock trans tuning.

E85 may be cheaper but it burns faster and that is why you can tune to 105 octane. Your fuel economy is going to be decimated.

With the stock internals and bone stock trans...I think you're headed to a complete powertrain failure in brilliant fashion!

Last edited by a moderator:
Supercharged Adrenalin SVT,

Instead of throwing more money at 12 psi and 500hp, maybe throw your wallet at some headers and a built trans! I'd love to see what you could come up with in that beast!

Sorry Kooks..... They made a set for my 75 Stang for me..... I am going by that the JBA coated ones on my 03 were about $600 plus my time to install, i would say if they will do a set custom installed for say $1,000.00 its worth it,...

Todd Z

Todd Z said:
Sorry Kooks..... They made a set for my 75 Stang for me..... I am going by that the JBA coated ones on my 03 were about $600 plus my time to install, i would say if they will do a set custom installed for say $1,000.00 its worth it.

I'd be willing to bet that the cost would be at least double that. Just because the flanges are the same as a Mustang doesn't mean the rest of the things will fit around the frame and accessories of a Sport Trac. I have installed long-tube headers on other vehicles and ones made for the specific application can still be a pain in the ass to get in and require removing starters, jacking the engine off the mounts, etc. IMO you would have to start with Mustang headers, cut the pipes off behind the flanges, and rebend and weld everything back together after umpteen installations and test fits. It should only take a week or two if you work all day, every day. :grin:

(yeah, I'm always a wet blanket, I know.....)

Last edited by a moderator:
Casual observation tells me that even if Mustang headers would bolt to the engine without hitting anything else, the flanges would be aimed at about the middle of the firewall.

I had a set of JBA SS headers on my '02 V8 Explorer. Stoopid drunk kid wrecked that car..wish I had taken the headers out before they took it away. The JBAs were beautifully made and really perked the truck up from the midrange on.

2008 canyon red Adrenlin awd New bearings and half shafts all way round, drilled slotted rotors for stopping power. Roush m90 supercharger system with large dual throttle body. 3 inch exhaust custom. Only thing I wanna do is add headers. Starting the research.

2008 canyon red Adrenlin awd New bearings and half shafts all way round, drilled slotted rotors for stopping power. Roush m90 supercharger system with large dual throttle body. 3 inch exhaust custom. Only thing I wanna do is add headers. Starting the research.
Holy old thread Batman!

But there’s a couple threads around that have all the info you need for modifying shorties from the stang.

Latest posts