Got Wii ?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking for a Wii console for the grandkids for Christmas. None to be had in our area. I didn't realize that it is the hottest thing since the Cabbage Patch Kids of the 80's. If anyone can lay their hands on a new one, do not want a bundle, we will pay you plus shipping. Thank you very much. :D

Go to outtastock.com/wii

You should be able to find one very easily. You can use the widget to notify you when they're back in stock. Good luck....

These guys have it, but it is double the retail price of @249..

Shopping.AOL.com

Also,

ShopForWii.com at 450 t0 500...

The PC Richards warehouse here was flying them out the door, They sold 4 while I was there for 10MIN..

www.pcrichard.com

Todd Z

I'm looking too. I just got ripped off for a Wii by an ebay seller. Curse you, moreno2277.

Now, I'm trying to find one retail.

From what I'm reading, buying an online bundle from a local retailer is not a bad way to go. Apparently, Wal-Mart, Circuit City and others will allow you to return any bundle items you don't want. It's a little frustrating to lay out that much initially, have to wait in the Return line and pay some extra shipping but you still end up close to retail.

The big bundles do seem to have at least occasional availability. Anybody tried this strategy?

This site shows online Wii availability for major outlets:

I had to make a trip each 11am to the local mall and big-box strip mall, each weekday for 3 weeks before I was able to "score" a Wii last Father's day.

My run had me checking a Toys R Us, two Gamestops, and and EB Games. Whenever I phoned I got the same line: "We expect a shipment tomorrow."

11am seemed to be the right time to show up as it allowed for a morning shipment to be put out; but not so late that it got depleted by the lunch crowd.

TJR

I got mine last yr around Christmas. Can't believe they are still flying out the doors like that. You would think they would make more for the season.

I would check out the Sunday ads and see what stores have the Wii console in their ad. If they feature the console in their ad, I think that usually means they will have at least a few in stock. That's how I got mine at Target (in store).

From what I understand, Target does is not put the units out for sale until Sunday morning. If they get units at other times during the week they will hold them and not put them out for sale until Sunday. Since Target opens @8am on Sunday, just wait in line for the store to open to get one.

I see from your profile that you're in Sacramento. Not sure exactly where you're at, but I wouldn't bother checking the Target on Riverside Blvd as they always seem to sell out quickly. Maybe try a Target in a location that gets less traffic like West Sac.

Just remember to hold on tight to the Wii controller and USE THE HAND STRAP.. I work for an Electronics Manufacturer, and we have had several issues where the controller flew out and hit the TV screen, causing either a cracked screen, (on projection sets) or a broken LCD panel (on direct view LCD. flat screens)

There was an issue with the hand straps breaking and Nintendo offered a stronger strap on previous models. New ones should already have this. Problem is, some people still dont use the hand strap, and when you accidentally let go, the controller can do some damage to whatever it hits.

Obviously this is not covered under the manufacturers warranty, and I dont know of anyone that has been able to get Nintendo to cover the damage as of yet.

My $.02 worth..

Dave

You can use this site: http://www.nowinstock.net/wii/ They have a RSS feed that comes in very handy......

I have a Wii but the lack of titles keeps it pretty much unplugged. Mario Galaxy and Metroid are solid games. But I'm a hardcore gamer. Some games are very difficult using the hand strap/remote. I'd recommend getting the classic controller to go along with the Wii hardware. Honestly, don't overpay for a Wii on eBay or any "bundle". Retailers pad bundles with garbage like gamestop.

Just got mine two weeks ago. I found a local store that would let me put my name on a waiting list. It took about three weeks but we finally got it, early Christmas present for my wife (she wanted one so bad). I called to see if I could do this again to get you one and they said with the Christmas shopping season they had stopped taking names. Sorry.

My wife and I spend every night playing this thing once the kids go to bed. We even had a get together with some friends Saturday night and the four of us played together. You should have seen it, four adults playing these games and the kids sitting on the couches all depressed because we told them it was the adults night to play. They were so mad and whined all night. It was so funny.

Its funny Jeff C. how there are so many places that will have them in stock..NOT GONNA FIND ANY.. You should have asked more for yours, you would have gotten it. I have two that i use, i bet i could put them up for sale on ebay and gett 500 for each one without the extra games....... I wish i would have purchased more when i had the chance... Everyone who BASHED Jeff for selling his wii need to apologize!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah. After PayPal fees (22.50) and shipping (33) I made $5, that's if you don't count the gas it takes to drive to the UPS store 20min away...Yup, I sure am a jerk for ripping people off for a product that's apparently readily available EVERYWHERE.

Latest posts