Got Wii ?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go to your local warehouse club. I got mine at Bj's for $400. Included 3 games two remotes with ninja controller (whatever it's called) and a gun. Maybe not the best games but the sports game alone will keep you or whoever entertained for a long time.

I believe Sam's club currently has a similar deal here in SoFla.

You may also want to check gamestop.com. They often have similar deals and you can usually pre-order.

<font color = red>

Another note: Check with a local retailer and find out when they get trucks in with deliveries. I got the last one (at walmart... yeah, I know) on a Sunday morning at 8am for my kids b-day.</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff C,

Part of the reason there seem to be no Wii consoles in the stores or Hannah Montana tickets for sale at concert venues and ticketmaster is because of the proliferation of Internet selling/reselling.

There is nothing wrong with it, persay, but the new, virtual marketplace has made items that might not otherwise be readily available to all to now be scarce to many. Put another way, there used to be a certain burden to buying items, and also limitations for selling them. The locality of items was a part of that burden, and the locality of the marketplace a limitation to the seller. The Internet reduces those burdens and limitations.

Using the Wii as an example, the people that live in a 25 to 30 mile radius of retailers that sell these items USED to be the main market segment. Now, a handful of eBay resellers can buy up many of the local Wii consoles, put them on ebay, and distribute them across the entire country, world. So those people that used to have an advantage living in large suburbs and other areas with many local retailers are now knocked down, as the market is more evenly distributed, making those in Podunk, USA, and even those that don't want to venture outside their door part of the larger marketplace.

Essentially, IMHO, eBay has created an artificial scarcity for popular, fad items, in a manner that didn't exist as readily in the past. I say artificial scarcity because it has made an item more scarce in traditionally "more available", local areas by making it more readily available to a wider marketplace.

If people couldn't easily go to their local WalMart, pick up a Wii, put it on eBay and sell it half-way across the country for a $50 or $100 profit then there wouldn't be as big a demand for Wii consoles. The Internet and eBay enable that transaction, easily, safely, moreso than the local classified could 20 or 30 years ago in the days of the Cabbage Patch doll.

TJR

TJR, I used to be a power seller and am well aware of what eBay does with fad items.

My main complaint is that last week when I posted, people were posting left and right that their store had them in stock. Then a long time member comes on here and asks if someone could help him out and pick one up and be fully reimbursed, and suddenly all of these places are out. I got called out by numerous people who thought I was ripping people off with my asking price because their store has them all the time just sitting there. Now, they were either lying last week, or they're all being jerks now and don't want to help out a fellow site member...I don't know.

I work at Target and we haven't had Wii's for some time now. We don't get any on the trucks any more. Why, I don't know, but we don't. You call it artificial scarcity, when I say that it is indeed very real scarcity. Clearly these Wii's are coming from somewhere and going somewhere, and they're only going to people who are willing to pay for them.

BTW, I used some of the money from the Wii I sold to get some goodies for the ST :D

Rodger,

Theresa and I are going to BJ's wholesale club tommorrow morning. If I find a Wii there, I will call you. I have your phone number. It might be early in the morning, so try not to get mad if you get a call from Ohio early in the morning.

Tom

Latest posts