Got the keypad code but it doesn't work??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Vinke

Reaction score
Well, after getting locked out of my truck a couple weeks ago I decided to pull the airbag and get my keyless keypad code. I found the code but it does not work. I know you can change the code, but I thought that doesn't actually change it but rather just adds a second code to use. Or am I wrong on that and can I use the original code to make my own now?

You are correct in your original thinking, "Changing the code" just adds a second code and the original will also work.

But my original doesn't work. I triple checked it to make sure I had written it down correctly. The keys light up when I push them, so I wouldn't think the keyless module is bad.

Sounds like you have other probs with the keypad....

I just tried my original code and my new code and they both work.

To unlock all the doors press the 3/4 button after you enter your code, see if that does anything. Is the pad lighting up when you press a number on it? Is your code 5 digits?

Last edited by a moderator:
did you try hitting the LAST number twice ?? Just checking if there is an issue with the front door lock in the module..

Todd Z

The keypad does light up when I push the buttons, and I can't remember how many digits it is, it was last week when I messed around with it.

Todd, I had the same thoughts and did try pressing the last number twice but it still did nothing.

Try the 3/4 button after the code to see if it pops any other locks for you. It needs to be a 5 digit number followed by the 3/4 button.

Olaf is correct. After hitting your code, hitting the 3/4 button unlocks the rest of the doors.

If you hit the 7/8 and 9/0 buttons at the same time, all the doors will lock. Check that too.

Tom