Going to New York for the weekend!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amber Clymer

Reaction score
So I am going on a super short weekend flight to New York City. I guess we are going to be staying at the W New York in Time Square on Broadway I guess. Does anybody know of this place, or what I should expect? It is last years Christmas present, so I really don't know what to expect especially since I have not been in this part of the city before. I am excited and nervouse....any info would be GREAT!!! :)

watch out for the giunfire and muggins :lol::lol:

take the gray line double decker ny sightseeing bus for tours around manhattan. the weather is going to great and its a nice vantage point to see ny city. there are different stages of the tour where you can get off and visit different areas at your own pace.

try to puglia's italian restraunt on mott street in little italy and the sen genario festival in little italy.

a trip to the empire state bldg observation deck (5th ave & 34th st) is real nice, but the line is real long, but thety have hours until midnight where it tends to be less of a line.

good luck and have fun

I am nervous due to the flight. Our party wants to go to a broadway show, but I am NOT gonna be able to sit still for that. I just REALLY want to see the Museum of Natural History and Lady Liberty....other then that I think there is WAY too much to do besides stop in for a darn broadway show.

When at the museum, hop a cab (fair will be same as subway) go to the texas BBQ ... Awesome food...

Or can hit the pier and walk there, allways great place to see and the shops are cool...

Todd Z

Be sure to make reservations for dinner one night at Lucky Cheng's! You'll have a blast! (If you don't know what it is, just go with an open mind and allow yourself to be surprised!)

HA! Lucky Cheng's...I looked it up and certainly didn't expect it to be that. BUT, I am one of the most open minded people you could ever know, and I would actually have a good time there. ;) Thanks for the recomendation;-) I am not sure what play, but I know they want to go on Broadway. From the group I am going with,we will probably be going to a play that requires nothing less the tuxedos and ball gowns.....not sure how I'm getting out of this one, but I have to think hard....lol.

Pretty much all of Broadway has pretty casual attire in the audience. Frankly, if your group is going to a show, and is wearing tuxes and gowns, they'll likely feel overdressed when they arrive. If they're going to the Met Opera, or ballet, or something like that, the proposed attire may be more appropriate--but in general, not so much for Broadway.

Re: Lucky Cheng's, the only two guys in the place that are "normal" are the guy who walks around offering massages--be sure to get at least the free sample, he's very good--and the guy who walks around making balloon animal hats for people to wear--every one of which is anywhere from X-rated to XXX-rated. All the rest of the wait staff are, well, you saw the site. :D

I'm back and I had a BLAST!!! We never made it to a show, but I really didn't want to go to one anyway. They did however have a live show literally on Broadway smack dead in front of the Hotel we were staying at. They closed Broadway for 10 blocks in each direction, it was crazy. We went to Southern Hospitality (Justin Timberlake's joint) and it was pretty good too. I have a ton of pictures I need to upload to my computer tonight. It was tough running through N.Y. City with Detroit Tigers gear on all weekend, but I had to represent....you understand. ;)