gas prices

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I paid $2.26 yesterday in Tyler, Texas at an Exxon. I commute up there from Palestine 3 days each week. Tyler is only 45 miles away but the prices here are about $2.45. I have not bought gas in the town I live in in 2 1/2 years. Between two people, they own just about every one of the 30 or so stations so there is not much competition for prices.

there are 5 litres in a gallon, so 1.78 multilpied by 5 is 8.90. not 6.76!!!!!!!!!

how says americans are thick?

3.8 litres per gallon, my friend. Look it up.

I would, but I am walking out the doot to go to work.

Tom

There are 5 liters in a gallon? Really? I was taught by some stupid jingle back in the day when the US tried to go metric that a "liter, a liter it's a little more than a quart!"...and since there are 4 quarts in a gallon, there HAS to be LESS than 4 liters in a gallon.

And, I just checked the web and found that 1 liter = 1.0556 quarts; or more importantly that there are 3.7893 liters in a gallon...making $1.78/liter equiv to $6.74 a gallon which is much more like what Caymen said.

TJR

Hey! that's thick, TJR! ;) :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL. Reminds me when my wife and I went to British Columbia a couple years ago. We had a rental car and when I pulled into a station and saw the prices I was so used to the old US gallons that my first thought was how cheap gas prices were up there. It wasn't until after I filled it up that I realized it was in liters. Doh!

Actually, there are two different gallons. The one we use in the U.S. is 3.785 liters. The imperial gallon [English], is 4.546 liters.

Phil, is that american dollars or euros? what's the going exchange rate?

BTW, $2.39 here in NNJ

Last edited by a moderator: