Gas Price Guarentee (Hyundia)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy Lavoie

Reaction score
Hyundai offers $1.49 gas guarantee for buyers

Published: 6/30/09, 8:05 AM EDT

NEW YORK (AP) - Hyundai is offering to guarantee gas at $1.49 a gallon for consumers who buy its vehicles during the next two months, as it looks to assure customers uncertain about the direction of fuel prices.

The Korean automaker says it will guarantee the price for one year for consumers who buy most Hyundai vehicles between July 1 and Aug. 31.

Hyundai says it is targeting the large number of potential car buyers who are holding back because they are unsure about the direction of gas prices. The average price for a gallon of unleaded was $2.63 on Tuesday.

At $1.49, consumers would save $1.14 per gallon, though that could rise or fall depending on the future direction of pump prices.

I'll stick with my Ford, thanks!! :banana::banana::banana:

Last edited by a moderator:
At $1.49, consumers would save $1.14 per gallon, though that could rise or fall depending on the future direction of pump prices.

I assume that was part of the news report? If so, it just shows how stupid the news media thinks the average American is.

(they did the simple math for us, and reminded us that gas could rise or fall in price...DUH!)

TJR

Hyundai must really be struggling with all these promotions they're trying...

Not so sure, from a June 02 press release:

"Record sales of our new Genesis and Elantra Touring models, and continued strength of core models like the Alabama-built Sonata and Santa Fe, lift our retail market share to its highest level of the year," said Dave Zuchowski, Hyundai Motor America vice president of national sales. "What's even more heartening for us is that May marks the fifth consecutive month of year-over-year monthly retail share gains, even as we've been steadily reducing our incentive spending."

Doesn't make sense to me to offer guaranteed low fuel prices on a line of vehicles that already get pretty good gas mileage. As Tom indicated, it didn't work for Chrysler.

I don't think gas prices are keeping people from buying Hyundai's. As Bill Clinton said; "It's the economy, stupid"

I guess all automakers are hurtin'

My wife's car is a 2003 Hyundai Elantra POS and in all honesty, I have to say it's a great little car. This is her 2nd one. If you were blindfold it you could not tell it apart from a Honda, or Toyota. Nice riding & good handling

The 5 year bumper to bumper & 10 year drive train is the best around considering it is free. The car NEVER has needed any repairs. I added Michelin X tires, a cold intake and Bosch Fusion IR plugs and according to my scanguage she gets 25.4 city 47.5 hwy which far exceeds the cars EPA mileage.

She's almost ready for her 3rd, The 2003 looks like it will be my son's 1st car next year!

KL I call it a POS, but then I'm used to european performance and luxury cars.

I paid 13K for it out the door in 03 with 7 miles on it. It is highly underrated and unnoticed. Nobody would steal it, nobody envys it. It has moderate ammenities, but it does the job.

All in all it's a pretty good car with excellent safety & crash ratings

Latest posts