Funny sounds from the engine...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
there's a pop and click sound coming from my engine (for the past 2-3 months) - it sounds as if a valve is getting filled with pressure then making a pop sound and then a click right after that pop sound. my engine light just turned on last week. has anyone else experienced anythign similar to this?

The pop and click is probably your ac compressor clutch kicking in and out. As for the check engine light go to Autozone and have the code read and bring it back to the site before you do anything, there is a big list of engine codes in the FAQ section and do a search to find the fix. Hope this helps.

Mike

I have that issue too, its rather loud or louder than other vehicles I have owned. If it is the AC compressor clutch, would it still make that sound if the AC is not in use?

The defroster setting runs off the AC as well. You would normally only hear the AC clutch if the system were low on refrigerant.

Yup, in defrost it cycles and if your low it will cycle even if it is off...

Todd Z