For all those with custom exhaust

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJ Tatum

Reaction score
I have come to the tough choice of what exhaust system to go with. I am leaning towards the flowmaster 40 series, and complimenting it with some Magnaflow 18 in SS tips with a 45degree slash. Could those with a system on their Tracs tell me what system they went with and whether or not they are happy with their choice.

Thank you all for your input and help.

:cool:Tater

Check the exhaust folder in my library. I have an 18" magnaflow muffler & 18" magnaflow tips. The tips are yellowing a bit which I'm not happy about. The sound can be heard in the cab from the rear, but not through the floor.

I went with the Flowmaster SUV 50 series. Single in and dual out...

I would not have it any louder or quieter...

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

I have the Flowmaster Delta Flow 50. Stock pipes except for the Magnaflow tip. I am quite satisfied with performance and sound. It'd be nice if it were a tad louder on the outside especially during start up, but as it is I'm happy with it. It is real quiet in the cabin and this was my primary concern.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a FM Delta Flow 40 single-out. Not too loud inside the cab, but it has a nice rumble when I want to hear it. Even got a compliment from a Corvette driver at a stop light. He thought I had a V8 in the Trac.:)

I have exactly the set up you mentioned right down to the tips. You will not be dissappointed! My ST has a nice throaty rubble.. Pics in my library.. -Heather

I have an IMCO Pro series with a dual tip side exit. Its a bit loud in the cabin, so I may have the shop put in a resonator to lower the volume a little. Sound clips are in my library.

[Broken External Image]:

Custom out of the box, Borla. Nice sound but on the tame side of others I've heard. Was on sale a month or two ago.

[Broken External Image]:

Don't even gotta worry about the spare...

http://www.zjstech.net/~library/9914/Exhaust/My Exhaust.mpa

[Broken External Image]:

Well I'm 6'4", and it's lowered 3". I actually have to sit down in to my ST, instead of stepping up into it. My ex girlfriend was 5'7" and she had no problems getting in/out, so no, I'm not worried about those step rails; IMO they don't follow the lines of the ST and look like they were an afterthought. The EE ones however look like they should have been an option on the original. I plan to get the EE side moulding when I get all my cladding painted.

Q, just curious, are you a pessimist? It seems like you look for the negative side of things.

Any good exhaust shop could work around the spare tire (and if they couldn't, I wouldn't let them mess with my truck at all). You could always take a sawzall and trim off the last 10" of the step rails.