Finally Installed: DMH E-Cutout & Dynomax Dump

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carey Frennier

Reaction score
Finally installed it yesterday.

Holy crap!!! The sound is AWESOME. It's insanely loud. I'm pretty happy I can press a button and shut it off lol.

A really fun mod but I felt no gains in peformance in city driving. In fact, it doesn't down shift as fast when the cutout is open. However, on the highway it's a little more aggressive.

I ended up just hacking up my intermediate pipe and welding it in as close to the last cat as possible. I left a little room for cutting it out if I ever had to.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good!:cool::banana:

I'd suggest trying to find some red wrap. Dingo's blue wrap would clash terribly with your red STA!:p

Wouldn't the wrap trap salt and water or at least hold it on the pipe? It's all the same stainless stuff as the Dynomax dump but I'm worried about increasing the chance of rusting out.

I was thinking about a partl number or maybe which type, length, size 2x25 or 2x50 ...that kinda stuff.

Part No. Description

312025B 2" x 25'; Blue header and exhaust wrap

312025E 2" x 25'; Orange header and exhaust wrap

312025G 2" x 25'; Green header and exhaust wrap

312025K 2" x 25'; Black header and exhaust wrap

312025P 2" x 25'; Purple header and exhaust wrap

312025R 2" x 25'; Red header and exhaust wrap

312025S 2" x 25'; Silver header and exhaust wrap

312025Y 2" x 25'; Yellow header and exhaust wrap

312050B 2" x 50'; Blue header and exhaust wrap

312050E 2" x 50'; Orange header and exhaust wrap

312050G 2" x 50'; Green header and exhaust wrap

312050K 2" x 50'; Black header and exhaust wrap

312050P 2" x 50'; Purple header and exhaust wrap

312050R 2" x 50'; Red header and exhaust wrap

312050S 2" x 50'; Silver header and exhaust wrap

312050Y 2" x 50'; Yellow header and exhaust wrap

Last edited by a moderator:
Did they use Stainless steel welding wore for those welds ???

If not the wrap will promote the rusting and rotting away of the welds...

Looks good....

Dingos sounded good, it was quieter then expected in the truck due to the 07 interior, but it was loud outside..

Todd Z

How tight is the seal when closed? Wouldnt want any fumes drifting into the cab, while idling in traffic.

Otherwise very clean looking install.

It's tight. There are no leaks. There are no more fumes that I can detect than were present with the previous exhaust setup w/o the cutout. Shortly after I installed the Magnaflow and deleted the resonator, I had noticed, once in awhile, an odd rotten egg like smell after I shut the truck off when it wasn't driven far or had time to warm up. I figured it was because the cat's couldn't get hot enough to do their job perfectly so there was some small odor. No odor or fumes have entered the cab ever and I've kept a nose out for fumes since installing the cutout..

That was all mig welded. Would have looked better if it was tiged but not a bad weld. looks solid. They should have brushed the welds. that would have made it look some better.

Latest posts