filling up fuel problems

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don't know what it is but everytime i go to fill my 09 Adrenaline up i have a hard time. The gas handle always snaps back and if i take the gas spout out it sounds like pressure is coming from the tank and this is when the tank is almost empty??? please Help.

My '04 has done this since day 1. If I wait till 1/4 tank or less to fill it. Above 1/4 I can fill it as fast as the pump will run.:banghead:

Dealer explanation was a large vapor head. When fuel is low. Not really a problem. Because I fill up once it is a little under 1/2. Two different cars stranded me @ 1/4 tank reading, in the past. Learned not to push my luck.

I've never had any fueling issues with my truck....just some stations that have those vapor boots on them, I just place the end of the hose into my filler w/o pressing the boot up against the filler tube and pump the gas w/o any issues.

Problem solved!!!!! Some how water got into the vent on the gas tank and froze the vent thus breaking it. I'm not to sure how this would happen but it did and it truly was a nuisance so hopefully that can help people if it ever happens to them.

Latest posts