Failed inspection!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Joyce

Reaction score
So I failed cause of my driver's side ball joints. Is this a common problem and what's a rough estimate of the cost to fix?

I submited a project about 3 weeks ago that will give you an idea on how hard this is to fix.

I have almost given up on it ever getting posted.

Tom

Give me a few minutes. Is the email address in your profile correct?

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom,

It would of been done and posted if it was written correctly and I didn't have to lay under my truck and find out the sizes of sockets, and write all the tools out and place photos where they belong and also re size photos and place in Adobe Acrobat where it belongs in order to be posted. Maybe you will get a half wrench because you did the work but I wrote the project.

It is done and written just needs to be put on the site.

Paul H

Paul,

With all due respect, it was written properly. The code was fine. Unfortunatly, not eerything thinks they need to know what every single tool is needed. Anyone with a decent set of tools can do this with a few rented tools from a good parts store. Next time, I will let the three "professionals" do it all.

Who really cares. I did it to help fellow members learn if this is a project they are willing to handle.

I was not writing a bible for this.

Not even the Ford repair manuals tell you every single too to use.

That is just going a little overboard.

Tom

What ball joints were they upper or lower?

Either way they are very simple to change yourself.

Here is a link to some how-to's Evan did a good job taking pics and everything else.

Uppers http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194453

Lowers http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188225

Chad

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do projects have to be in adobe? I think the HTML webpage projects are more accessible, as adobe is clunky and a general pain to use. Adobe is an unnecessary evil in the computing world :(

Kevin L,

My project was done in HTML and NOT Adobe. As with any HTML document, you have to change the tags to point to the location where the pictures are stored. Everything else is already done.

Tom

place in Adobe Acrobat where it belongs in order to be posted

I don't understand why the site admins want it to be in adobe. Adobe sucks...the newest adobe doesn't even run on my favorite laptops :(

What is the advantage of adobe?

The pictures aren't in the same directory as the file? That's unnecessary complication lol.

Caymen, thank you for keeping the HTML fire burning ;)

Paul,

Why don't you scrap the project and do eerything yourself. I wish to officially remove MY photos from this submission of a project.

Nowhere does it say the project must be made so no work is actually inolved in posting the project.

Show me where there are rules that says I must submit them into Adobe.

As of right now, I respectfully ask you to stop my project from being posted. Those pictures are of my vehicle and not yours.

I guess Travis was right.

Tom

Adobe is what the site has as of now. We can get to changing it when we get the chance if using something else is easier. But a good amount of the projects are in Adobe.

Tom, it is appreciated that you did do this, but a project should have a list of tools that are used. Thank you for the compliment that we are "professionals" but we are NOT and don't claim to be, but thanks.:D:D We just want it to include the most explicit details on a repair like this as possible. I personally didn't care that I had to add anything at first, but your 2 other posts that had sarcastic comments about your project and now this one, I felt I had to say something. Thanks again for the project.

Paul H

Actually, I asked you to remove my project from submission.

That request still stands. I want it removed.

Tom

Can someone do a project on proper etiquette of this site, seems the past few days the "higher powers" have been PMSing. Kinda funny....that this is all taken so seriously.. In a way it is good, because that shows you don't have anything better to worry about. Is the weather bad where you guys are? Get outside, get some good, clean air, Kick your kids, pet your wife, take your dog out to dinner........oh wait a minute.....something there isn't right.... Hope it doesn't violate a site posting rule, don't wanna get "jumped" like the guy on here the other day....LOL... Joycie..wish I could help you but I cannot, remember the original question guys??? Joycie had a question remember??

I emailed Joycie my project so he can use it to help him decide if the balljoints is something he wants to try.

If he lived closer to me, I would have helped him do the actual job.

Tom

Latest posts