Exterior Plastic

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ Lynas

Reaction score
I am noticing that on my 08 ST that the end pieces on the running boards, the crowl trim below windshield and the rear bumper trim piece is getting harder to maintain the "black" appearance. The Aerospace 303 hasn't helped so wondering what products folks that keep their SK highly detailed.

Today was a big day, My ST turned 17K and still is the best vehicle I have ever owned.

Yea, mine(the running board end caps.) on my '07 are now grey. It is inside most of the year and i do use Aerospace 303. I plan on complaining on my next dealer visit...probably won't get anywhere though.

'07 ST

I use "Back to Black" on my 07 and it works wonders. All the plastic looks like new when done including the step bars and the Tonneau cover. The only thing that I can't seem to get to look nice again is the window frames and the black piece between the front and back door windows. . They are some kind of metal (I think). anything you put on that leaves a streak.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use the "Back to Black" also and like the look. It's the best I've found for the black parts but the only negative when put on the running boards they become slippery.

Benny

the only negative when put on the running boards they become slippery.

Oh yeah, I forgot that. :blink: I don't use my running boards to get in my truck so I don't notice but my wife HATES IT!! :angry: She's much shorter then me and is always slipping on them.

Oops! :blink:

I use Back To Black also but I've noticed that the grey trim on my '08 sure shows where I got wax on it a lot more than my old '05 did and the B To B doesn't cover it forever.

I'd like to buy a new end cap as my drivers side got sprayed with roadway line marker.

I was able to clay bar all of the paint and the wheel wells, but that textured end cap is covered and I'm not sure how to approach removing it

I don't use anything on the plastics on mine and they are jsut as black as the day I bought it, not bad considering the AZ sun and heat usually has very negative affects on these pieces.

Latest posts