Engine is dead

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Cloutier

Reaction score
Well, the engine died on my way to work this morning. I had the Trac towed to the dealer so they could take a look at it. I just got a call from them, and they report that the engine has no compression. Possibly a timing chain failure.

That sucks man, I almost bet it dropped a valve and slammed into the piston.....

Whatcha gonna do man ???

Todd Z

I tried cranking the engine and it sounded like the starter motor did not have to work against any resistance. When the engine died it didn't feel like it dropped a cylinder, it just shut off.

Mustang...

If you are using a mobile device and you refresh the screen BEFORE someone else posts, it will REPOST your post...

While I do like the Raptor, $38K plus is an awful lot for a pickup truck. I don't know how the Raptor would do as a daily driver anyhow. I wasn't really considering a ST either since it is an outgoing model with what are essentially last-generation mechanicals. Besides, I've already owned 2 Sport Tracs.

the Raptor SVT is an amazing looking truck. I love it,

i test drove one and i fell in love with it but if that appeals to you

so much as to convince you to buy it. i would deff wait till the full size

four door Raptor comes out. which will be soon!

How many miles on it?

Mine had 189K, the first time.

You do have 3 options:

Replace the cassettes,

long block replacement,

Trade the Vehicle