embarassing....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woppy V

Reaction score
I can't believe this... When I got home I pulled my flasher out to find out why my CEL/Gas Cap Light was on. Here is the code I got-

PO457---- EVAP control system leak detected, fuel filler cap loose/off

So I walk outside thinking there is no possible chance I am this dumb. But apparently Me Dumb. Behind the gas cover I found my gas cap just dangling there. :wacko::wacko::wacko: The lights still come up though. Do they go away in time or is there a reset I have to do.

Todd - I am still worried about that flare I mentioned earlier. Hoping I might get a chance to pick your brain about this later.

It will go away after a set number of ignition cycles, or you can take the negative battery cable off for 10min and the light will reset itself.

According to Ford, it may take as many as 8 total key resets. Which is, engine cold to hot and running at normal RPM's...

If you have the 9100 or the XCal2 you can reset the Light...

ALSO you SHOULD disconnect the battery for 1/2 hour and that will reset the computer, light, reset the tranny and everything will re learn what to do in 2-3 days...

You may need a tune if you go too far with mods you throw the transfer function out of wack and the stock computer simply cant keep up....

Todd Z

Latest posts