Dish network

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David j

Reaction score
For those in the Southeast. Wondering if anyone is using the newer Dish Network Dish 1000.4 for sattelites 72, 77 and 61.5. If so, what type of signal are you receiving? I'm only getting in the low 50s for each sattelite. Just wondering if it shouldn't be higher.:huh:

we got 60-65 when we had it. signal, service and dvr SUCKED. I dropped dish 2 weeks after we got it and went back to directv.

I have Dish 500 with Turbo HD. I have sats 119, 110, 129, 77, and I love it. I have had Dish for almost 3 years, the turbo HD for the last year. My signal runs at around 75 or better most of the time and I rarely lose signal (5 times maybe). I live in S.E. Georgia (about 5 miles from the ocean) and needless to say, we get some serious rain, yet, my signal holds.

My first HD/DVR took a dump at about 6 months and they over-nighted me a new one and credited my account for 2 days lost service.

Probably my favorite feature is the skip ahead button that allows you to skip ahead 30 seconds at a time (right through the commercials).

Cheaper than DirecTV and much cheaper than cable.

I am happy with Dish.

The 30 second skip isn't exclusive to Dish though.

FiOS dvrs have the ability, and the TiVO-licensed DVRs we had with DirectTV also had a button combination you could enter to enable that functionality on the skip button, as it came pre-disabled for legal reasons.

Does anyone use cable any more?

I have cable rightnow and use TiVo. AT&T just introduced their U-Verse in my area. Do a search on their website and check it out, Pretty cool stuff.

Jim,,, I guess the "change" I didn't like. The dvr on directv is so simple. Dish would just change channels on us to start a recording. At least directv dvr ask us before changing and gives us the option of changing or canceling the up coming show. Dish is cheaper to start with, but once the promos are over, they are both about the same. Oh yea,,, Dish installed 2 dishes, 1 HD, 1 reqular programming. That was totally unaceptable.... IMHO

Man, I'd rather go with free over-the-air HD (which isn't that bad) than Comcast...I feel for you guys. :D

2 dishes? That is ludicrous.

yep, I have the same turbo HD as R.T. was referring to. I also, have two sat dishes, right next to eachother on my roof, one standard channels, one HD channels, rediculuous.

As Nik pointed out, the AT&T Uverse is pretty good set up. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law who live 3 streets over just signed up for the AT&T stuff, they did internet and cable. Thier internet is good and just as fast as brighthouse internet is and their cable is just good as any other service provider, the channel linueps are about the same and the amount of HD is unbelievable. I am planning on switching my internet from Brighthouse too AT&T soon and as soon as my 2 year contract is up with Dish I plan to switch to AT&T and I will remove the dishes from my roof.

My only issue with Dish Network is that when they lose signal, they lose it good, it takes a good 3 to 4 minutes to get it back at its quickest, and you lose that part of the show, you can't rewind, even if its a program you have recorded. At least when my cable went out, it just flickered and came back on, not the case with Dish. Granted I don't lose signal a lot, but when I do its for an unacceptable amount of time.

Will stick with cable here, as we are right above Atlantic City and that puts us in between NY and Philly and get both cities. So on Sundays, I get 5 football games at 1pm, and 4 at 4pm. Even though i'm close to $190/ month, its worth it... Bob :unsure:

I don't have HD, no real desire for either or the extra $$ for it either. I have an tivo dvr, which is about 5 yrs old now, still works good. Have anothe directv dvr in the mbr, which is non-tivo. I like the tivo version better, easier to program, etc.. Well, if after the promos are up nd the price is about the same, no reason to change then. Thanks for the info. My satelite bill is ~$85/mo, no movies, etc.,

I have TimeWarner..Kansas City area...Free HD, tons of channels, 2 HD DVRS and Roadrunner cable that is pretty quick for standard..115/month...

Latest posts