Dingo - Fitch Results

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GM,

I am suspicious of the term Patent Protected? If it;s patented, they would put the patent number on the device, and Dingo would be able to tell us what the patent number is.

With the patent number, I can look up the pantent and find out exactly what is patented and what they claim the use for the device. Many so-called gas saving devices are patented but not as gas saving devices. So in many cases the patent definition does not match the sales hype!

...Rich

After doing some reading the fitch should be mounted up and down so I moved it, the gen 1s are a pain but it will fit here.

[Broken External Image]:

As far as it goes, if you don't want to buy it that is fine. Just wait til testing before doubting it. What it does is return fuel back to the good state. If you already get good fuel, you shouldn't have to worry. But if you buy the cheap fuel all the time or get fuel that is not top quality this should help.jmo._Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
Dingo doesn't need anyone from this website harrassing him on the feasibility/truth of the Fitch device, he tried it, seemed to like the results of his testing, others like the idea/results and appear to be willing to spend some of their $$ for it, so be it, it is their $$ they are spending, no one should criticize anyone else for something they do to their vehicle(s). If you don't believe in the product, then keep quite and read another post.

Sorry Dingo - I did not wait for your group buy. I got mine today and will install within the next few days. I have records of all my fillups since I bought my ST 27 months ago. I also calculate the average MPH for the tank of gas, this can show any change in driving habits. I will post my results after a timely trial.

I want to thank Dingo again for testing this. If I get what he got - GREAT. If I get less, I get something that I did not have. If I get nothing, I tried. It is my own choice.

Thanks again Dingo :):)

Terry

TSSS, and to those trying it now, I read that it helps clear the engine of carbon as well. Truth or not, they suggest changing the oil and filter after 500 miles. I only have 280 on this tank, and leaving on vacation this weekend.

So I will give a check for milage then, Bill. I will be fully loaded with a weeks worth of camping stuff and the family and two dogs. I have a record of the last two years doing the same trip so I can compare. I will post when I get back._Ron

I'm pretty sure I'm carbon-free. I have 18k miles, have run on 93 octane the whole time, seafoam it monthly, and run Royal Purple XPR oil.

Dingo, do you do the seafoam treatment the same was as in the project's section for the gen 1 ST's??? another question, does the throttle body come off just like it looks like, the four bolts at the corners and disconnect the wires, no surprises or anything is should be aware of. The 2nd nut on back left bolt is just to hold the wiring harness on correct??

Latest posts