DAMN DEER!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis Stevens

Reaction score
my truck 1... deer 0... well actually .05... bastard got my mirror. he hit me on my drivers side while doing 50mph but miraculously no other damage... my theory is his head hit the mirror and that was enough to sling him arround so that he didnt hit the rest of the truck.

Was the deer crossing at an approved deer crossing with a sign...or was he J-walking? :grin:

Seriously, I'm glad the damage was minor. I have seen a number of vehicles that hit deer and them little Bambies can really cause some damage.

Many years ago (about 1965) I was driving down I-95 just south of Washington, DC when a deer came out of the tree line and tried to dash across the Interstate. It was daytime but I did not see the deer until the last second and fortunately for me I was passed him before he got to the road, but the guy behind me was not so lucky. In my rearview mirror I saw him hit the deer and it looked like he hit a brick wall. The car had to be towed away (driver was not injured). Nobody saw where the deer went...he must have just got up and ran away?

....Rich

Knock on wood, I've yet to hit a deer, and I hope I don't. A few years ago I was driving up north with my dad and we saw 2 deer in the ditch on a highway and there was a guy with either a boat trailer or an enclosed trailer in front of us. He slowed down enough so he didn't hit the deer and one of the deer actually ran across and jumped in between his trailer and his truck, it was perfect timing because he made it to the other side. I'll probably never see that again.

Im up in the country @ Moms lake house. This time of year and the cool weather. Definitly have to watch for the deer.

Also surveying the property. To set up the human slingshot. Just waiting for Hugh to get here, with the tractor, poles and augers...LOL....:bwahaha:

I'm on my way. This thing is just so freakin' slow!

Travis, you mean that deer wasn't even legally intoxicated(.05)?? Hell, the ones down here in South Jersey will stand in the road and dare you to hit them! Must be the Jersey thing, I guess. Glad it wasn't worse for you and the truck, I think you'll both pull through. Bob :grin::grin:

Latest posts