Custom Tail Lights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garry Moss

Reaction score
Good Morning my fellow MyST'ers

I found a person that does great custom work work on OEM tail lights, just got them back and popped them on last night, love the look! :banana:

They look nice. Im not fond of blackended tail lights. Last month, I almost rear end a car with them. In the daylight, I could barely see his.

I did put a brighter bulbs in plus having the light bar at the tailgate should help me with that, but actually this guy does great work and the light comes thru nice :O)

your ST is very nice, i love the rims and the bumper guard.

i actually wanna install one but trying to find a deal on them.

now all you need is to do something with that third brake light

Looks Great man, thats alot of nightshade on the taillights but looks good. As far as the third brake light you could get the clear l.e.d. style from Zabteck, Recon makes them.

:banana::driving::haveabeer:

Not a single sticker on the back of that truck is a mysporttrac.com sticker....:angry::angry:

:rofl:

Todd Z

If I ever rearend your truck, MoSsMaN, I'm going to sue you for the replacement of my truck. I've had one too many close calls with idiots who purposely reduce the effectiveness of their brake lights in the name of trying to be cool.

Ok Mark K relax bud. I had and have tail lights like that before with no issues at all. Yes they are dark but if you look and read, his third light is normal (for now) AND he has the tail gate strip. I'm sure you wouldn't have ANY issues seeing him. In fact if you did rear end him I'd be asking the cops to have your eyes checked.

Also if the tails are done CORRECTLY and not with just a rattle can of VHT nightshades the light does in fact come through very bright, yes not AS bright but still noticeable. Lots of people I know have had their cars done the correct way and I have never had any issues seeing them brake.

So no need for name calling...now :back2topic:

:banana:

A nice compromise, and legal.

DOT & FMVSS 108 approved.

$75 pair shipped @ Ebay.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark K

Please calm down... No need for your comment like that. You can explain your thoughts in a much better way than saying idiot.

Wow, how do you really feel about those taillights?

Rarely can you rear end someone and they receive the ticket, at least around here. If you rear end someone, it's almost always because you're following too close. Brake lights aren't the only way to tell if someone is slowing down. If you're at a proper following distance, you should be able to avoid an accident even if they don't have brake lights. If its a sudden stop, the lights are only one of a couple signs, like a raised rear end and an extremely loud screech. Depending on how fast your olfactory senses are, you may even pick up a quick hint of burnt rubber. :grin: I think everyone is going to be just fine.

Besides, if you bust out the taillights in a collision, good luck proving they were too dark.:bwahaha:

Oh, and not really to my taste, but I like them on your truck. Fits the whole package very well.

WOW!

I almost cried when I read the post. Hmmmm, well hopefully you will understand that you can see the lighting very well, believe it or not the 10% brighter bulbs I am using compensate fairly well for the dark tint, Ill take the idiot remark as a compliment as I have been called worse. :O)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts