Custom Tail Lights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well... he didnt actually call you an idiot... lol

but drop the name calling, theres really no reason for it since like half of us, including me have tinted tails

:grin:

Sorry I flew off the handle, but I'd just had a close experience with a Chevy pickup with tinted brake lights and a non-functioning third brake light. I think he was slowing to turn, but I was too damned busy hitting the brakes and avoiding him to be able to tell if the damned bulb was flashing.

I still think it's absolutely stupid to darken any lights. Makes as much sense as wearing sunglasses at night.

well theres the problem right there, it was a chevy! :bwahaha:

and if they are visible i dont believe its stupid.. now as dark as mine were... was stupid thus why i got new ones... all comes to visibility

(by stupid i mean, they were so dark people would tell me my taillights/breaklights were out)

I think anyone should feel free to express themselves, and yes I wasn't actually called an idiot so I was not offended. If what I did bothers you than I accept that and never wish to bother anyone. I think you love your ST as much as we all do! So it is all good, just do me a favor, don't drive behind me!!!! :0)

What they do is lightly sand the lenses and apply two lights coats of clear smoke automotive paint, it is then sanded again and a clear coat applied. I have tried a set of aftermarkets b4 that was a thick smoked colored material and I was getting people also telling me my lights were out, so I removed them a few years ago. These are much better, I wasnt sure if this process would really make a difference but it did. They are brighter than most stock lights on some vehicles. Ill try and post pics with the lights on soon.

Oh and I am not saying that it is the right way, just the way they do them and they seem to work well :O)

Last edited by a moderator:
good luck passing inspection now. where I am from you need visible red reflectors in the rear, and amber in the front.

Well contrary to what some think I am not that much of an idiot, I did save my orginals in case I need to put them back on :0)

Yes from that guy!!! :0)

i have some i bought of of ebay. i have to run red led blubs with mine. can get the pic to post on my post just check out my lib.

thanks

hdt

:banana:

Latest posts