Computer Guys, help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Barber

Reaction score
have an older fujitsu laptop, still works great for me, I lost my charger:( are they sort of generic? would frys have one off the shelf?

Thx

Yes Targus and I think the brand GO make universal power supplies and comes with an assortment of plugs to match the different manufactures.

Thats great thx Evan, Bud, Bought my kid the Fujitsu lifebook when she went off to USSB 7 yrs ago, kills me to think that puppy cost 2K at the time.

For what i do, is still a great laptop.

The universal chargers do not have a good reliability history. Also the universals may not match the power requirements exactly for your laptop. If you can try to find an original working OEM on Ebay.

Try to get OEM, not after market.

i would be careful with the aftermarket ones too,go one of them from the shack..plugged it in and zap..motherboard fried..

Agreed.. aftermarket/universal adapters do not go through the same stress testing as OEM equipment will. If you can get the original via ebay, its much much cheaper and more reliable than any cheapy universal.

Stay away from ordering direct from manufacturer though; they keep the cost of these items extremely high so they keep some stock available for warranty work. This way people don't buy out their replacement/fix stock.

Have to pay attention to voltage requirements. I have seen them range from 8 volts to 19 volts. The amperage is not as important, but the higher the amps of the charger, the more efficient it is in regards to operating the lap-top and charging the battery.

Latest posts