cell phone danger at airports

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gary, okay...

:back2topic:

I'm heading to the ATM anyway. Going to take my cellphone/revolver combo. There might be some homeless Asian scumbag ready to jack me.

:banana:

Caymen,

Just playing with you, Caymen. Oh, and Caymen, in that other thread, I was talking about the 5 or 6 questions to be answered by you that would hopefully foster some thoughtful discussion of the value of unions and their place in today's world. If you answered those, then I apologize.

Redfish,

I apologize everywhere, all the time.

My wife says I am the sorriest person she has ever met.

Hey! Wait a minute. Now that I consider that, I wonder how she means it? LOL

My wife says I am the sorriest person she has ever met.

Hey! Wait a minute. Now that I consider that, I wonder how she means it?

Exactly the way you're thinking she means it.

:grin::banana::grin:

Mostly black TSA?? That is crazy.. I pass through tsa abt 8 times a week. Wow, that's sad. Anyway, all airports around the country. Mostly black? No.. Not even close. Is it possible you are passing through the SAME airports, all the time? We wouldn't be generalizing, the entire U.S. Based on a limited assumption would we?

Posted these a while back. As you can see, it got caught at screening.

In the end,,,, it was just a heat sync...

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

A retired cop friend of mine applied for a job with the TSA. He retired around 53 and was looking for some part time work. The airport here was looking for some part time help. He had to go through background checks and some very extensive testing. After he passed everything he was put on a waiting list. Then the H.R. person told him he would never get called because they had to fill their quota of minorities first. They told him if the minorities didnt pass the tests they were given a second chance. If they still didnt pass someone there had to help them with the tests so they got a passing score. This is you federal government in action, and may be why you see so many minorities at some airports.

If they still didnt pass someone there had to help them with the tests so they got a passing score. This is you federal government in action, and may be why you see so many minorities at some airports.

I don't know what quota's are based off of, but if there is a quota, all you need to do is fill it and then hire those that qualify. unfortunatly, the government had to set quota's because employers would not hire someone because of the color of their skin.

That is something I find disgusting! You hire the man or woman on the skills they have to perform a job. Color means nothing.

As for the "knife gun", it is a NAA (North American Arms) .22 caliber rimfire pistol. It is a SOA revolver that can be had in .22 LR or .22 WMR. They even make a convertable model that swaps the cylinder so you can shoot both rounds.

I want one so bad, but don't want to part with the cash to buy such an impractical weapon.

Tom

That is something I find disgusting! You hire the man or woman on the skills they have to perform a job.

Read where Dayton was ordered by the Attorney General to lower the test scores to become a policeman because too many minorities were failing.

The NAACP does not support individuals failing a test and then having the opportunity to be gainfully employed, agreed Dayton NAACP President Derrick Foward. If you lower the score for any group of people, you're not getting the best qualified people for the job,

agreed Dayton NAACP President Derrick Foward. If you lower the score for any group of people, you're not getting the best qualified people for the job,

I will take it one step further. If you lower the scores for a minority to make it, you are saying "you are not good enough to compete with white people, so we will make it easier for you to get in".

Tom

With regards to quotas, I agree. There should be none. Jobs should be open to all. The best candidate should be the one that the employer wishes to hire based on whatever "legal" criteria they deem fit. Forcing the employer to hire a certain number of minorities, or women, or candidates from some other organization or affiliation should simply not be accepted in this country. We want everyone to have a fair chance, right? We want a level playing field, right? Well, no favoritism then. No elite clubs.

Right?

Can I get an Amen?

TJR

Unfortunatly, there are people that will not hire on the basis of color alone. With an "at will" employment, they can fire on color too.

Make the tests the same and hire those of color that are qualified.

Tom

TJR, just completed my first flights in about a year (family went on a cruise), and because of this thread, I took note of the TSA personnel I saw.

At MSP (Minneapolis/St. Paul Int'l), there were about 30 TSA people working the security area we passed through. One appeared black, one appeared Asian--the rest all appeared white.

At FLL (Ft. Lauderdale Int'l), there were again about 30 TSA people working the security area we passed through. Probably about 5-7 black, about 3-5 Asian--the rest all appeared white.

Based on my admittedly-small n=2 sampling, I'm not seeing the race-based concerns that you are...

If you look at where Bill V flew out of, Minneapolis, middle America, the Heartland, flyover country, what ever you want to call it, where the vast majority of the population is White, no surprise they hold most of the TSA jobs. Not surprisingly when you were in Ft Lauderdale, the proportion of black and hispanic TSA agents was higher.

If you look at where TJR lives and probably flies out of, Northeast airports, Philly, Newark, JFK with a significantly higher black, asian, hispanic, middle eastern population they will secure more of the TSA jobs.

I fly out of Dulles and Reagan National and I have to admit the high number of middle eastern appearing TSA agents gives me pause every single time.

Your views are shaped by your experiences in life.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts