cell phone danger at airports

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary DiPietroSr

Reaction score
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XxIjkBVEtyE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cell phones are X-Rayed at the airport. Trust me, this would never get past security, provided the agent is doing his/her job.

Tom

I agree. Cell phones go through the xray as does pens and everything else that could possibly contain a weapon.

...Rich

I also agree, if anyone has been to the airport lately security isn't light. I doubt something like that would get through, but i've been wrong before.

Is getting a TSA job some type of slavery reparations that I was't told about?

Let me guess, you only see "black" TSA agents...correct?

With all due respect, you are one racist dude!

Tom

Caymen,

Nope, I don't ONLY see black TSA agents. But, yes, I mostly see black TSA agents and at pretty much every airport I fly through.

Maybe it isn't politically correct, what I said, but not racist because there is no malice in it.

But, the general question(s) still remain.

a. Are there more (mostly) black TSA agents?

b. If so, why?

I observe things and wonder why...that's all.

I wonder: are they good jobs? Bad jobs? Jobs that are filled largely through affirmative action? Does affirmative action even still exist? Are most of the applicants black?

Again, I see a [seeming] trend, I wonder why. The thread was about airport security. We have generated, essentially a new class of govt employee and arguably, mostly filled it with a specific profile of citizen. I actually find it potentially racist that most of the TSA agents are black. Maybe it is a great job. I don't know. Maybe its the modern-day equivalent of a train porter. Again, I don't know.

Asking why isn't racist. Assuming you can't ask questions because those that you are asking about are of a certain race is, IMHO.

It would be like me asking why many black people have curly hair. I'm only asking because its a common trait, an observation of commonality. Heck, Chris Rock made a whole movie about the subject.

If I were a black man asking: "Why are there so many brothers and sisters working the TSA, and should I be looking at getting a job there?", would I be racist?

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy,

Yes, players have stated that they feel the "plantation model" is alive and well in the NFL. They claim that they make almost nothing when compared to the owners and the promoters. Boo hoo!

TJR

a. Are there more (mostly) black TSA agents?

I guess I never noticed. When I see someone going to work to provide themself a living, I fail to see any color in them.

Tom

Caymen, that is funny. You really don't notice if a person is black or white, etc? Do you by chance notice sex? Hair color? Age?

Also, is it only people tht are going to work that you are colorblind to? Good thing you aren't a cop. Would make it hard for you to give descriptions for an APB.

oh, and there are questions waiting for you and Frank in that other thread, if you an stop calling me a liar for a moment.

Thanks.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
Just sayin'.....

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/03/04/us-crime-tsa-idUSTRE7236N620110304

http://blog.cleveland.com/not-a-typical-patriot/2010/12/the_tsa_and_the_fight_over_your_dignity_part_2_is_it_time_to_go_postal_yet.html

http://wewontfly.com/question-tsa-risk

For me personally, if it's less than 600 miles I drive.

oh, and there are questions waiting for you and Frank in that other thread, if you an stop calling me a liar for a moment.

I really pushed the button that time. I already answered that question.

Also, is it only people tht are going to work that you are colorblind to?

Yea, pretty much. I know it sounds aweful. If I see some street trash standing on the corner causing trouble, I see color. White, black, asian, hispanic, etc. I hate them all!

If the person is working for a living and providing for their families, then I see no color in them. I only see a person.

I know if it weird, but growning up in the ghetto and the only "white boy" in my elementary school, I have seen many types of black people.

There are scumbags of all races.

Tom