Buying a Motorcycle

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are still generalizing.

All HD riders are yuppies? Sure some are, but many more aren't.

I'm a motorcycle enthusiast, not a biker, not a yuppie.

You won't find many people that will apologize for being successful.

So some HD facts for knowledge sharing:

My insurance is $240/six months for full replacement. That is about average.

I also invest, in fact I paid cash for my bike new with investments.

The newer 1450cc Twin Cam engines (year 2000+) don't leak oil at all. Only the pre-evo's did. No spot marking.

Sure they can be stolen, the best deterrent is to put a Honda cover over the bike, seriously.

I prefer comforts too, I have a Sport Trac. The HD is for goosing on the weekends mainly.

Many HD owners have multiple bikes and NICE cars.

Crazy drivers out there - Hail yes!! The out of town tourists are the worst. You accept the risks with anything you do these days.

Any other HD questions or myths? I'll do what I can to answer.

[Broken External Image]:

I dig my Kings. I have also owned a ZX11, Boss Hoss v6 trike, numerous dirt bikes, HD Dyna Convertible, 78 FLH, 89 Heritage Softail and two really cool Sportys. My current ride is a 2002 Katana 600. It isn't super fast (like a Gixxer), but man is it a nice ride. I REALLY want a BMW R/GS[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:

thanks guys...interesting thread. I've pretty much decided on the V-star...it'll be my first one, so I'm not going for huge speed, yet. but a slower, nice ride. I've found a 650cc so its not the 1100, or the street bike of any kind. I may get one of those in a few years. I will be driving a lot and I think the cruiser would better suit my current use than the street. What I don't use after the bike and school will be invested.

Tiger, I've been around, but pretty busy. Work (without internet access at home, and rediculous amounts of school this summer). I'm going back to work in a few weeks (which is what I plan to finance this little bike venture with) and I'm looking forward to no school. Money is good.

Again, thanks for the input.

Latest posts