BMW Hatchback

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ehh, my dad had a BMW for a while, a 2001 740iL. Worst POS he ever owned. Lesson learned is that Beemers are wonderful cars so long as they are on warranty. When the warranty runs out, trade it and do it quick.

Why does a Ronald McDonald clown shoe come to mind???

Todd Z

That would be a BMW 1...the face lifted 1 at that, given the camo. Shoot, it almost looks like an M1 with those wide wheel arches.

The 1 is primarily sold in Europe, where the hatchback never fell out of sorts. I think I remember reading that BMW wants to bring the 1 to America, which may be the reason for the update, to comply with American bumper and crash laws.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ehh, my dad had a BMW for a while, a 2001 740iL. Worst POS he ever owned. Lesson learned is that Beemers are wonderful cars so long as they are on warranty. When the warranty runs out, trade it and do it quick.

I guess he should of bought the extended warranty from BMW which is the best in the industry. I have a 2004 M3 and the warranty covers everything including worn our brake pads. We also have bought the extended warranty. It's only been in for warranty issues once when the headlight flickered off then on again. And, they replaced both of them just to be sure.

Does Ford do that?

Every car company has problems with their models.

my daughter drives a 1990 525i with 190k miles and its running like a champ. BMW specs there engines too run for 350k miles before needing rebuild. I realy dont think any of the big 3 try to design any of there engines for that kind of long run. Im sure a few have made it but were never expected or designed to. I used to think BMW's were al yuppie hype before I bought and drove my daughters, but now I think if the finanances allow in the future I wouldnt mind one of there new 335i coupes. A 300 hp 0-60 in 4.7 sec. and 29 mpg on hwy.:wub: . The traction and suspension systems are second to none and also some nice options availble that are kinda neet. I will say this they arnt cheep to repair or maintain and have a very real and dishearting ability to become money pits. The key is staying ontop of things and following strict guidelines when doing maintenance.

Surprisingly, the majority of costs on BMWs and other German imports arent the cost of parts, although those typically are slightly higher then domestic/Japanese, it's the labor. German cars just have so much more bolts and nuts and clips and such holding them together. The book time, which is what shops charge, is just so much more. Needlesly complicated? Probably, but damn, those are some good cars.

Its called - designed and built right. Cost more but you get what you pay for. As to the labor - its all free, while under the warranty. (I would consider an extended warrantee on a BMW cause your more likely to keep it that long.)The key here is, when something does go wrong, they have an uncanny ability of finding the problem and fixing it, with no run arounds. A real class act. I can't say that for Ford.

I recently turned my 2003 X5 4.4 in, off lease and bought an '07 ST LTD V8. The X5 was pure butta over 3yrs an 42,000 miles. My 07 ST is 50 days old and its been back to the dealer three times, with no resolutions. (No. I won't be buying an extended warranty cause its too difficult to tell if I'll be w/ the ST that long.) ((I seriously hoping I will be, though.)) In the meantime - still waiting for the Ford engineer to "get back from vacation."

Latest posts