Black Friday Shopping

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah... No. I even have a handicapped parking permit, and I'll be at home. I'd rather spend the extra $20 on any item than deal with that crap.

I don't really need anything but a freind didn't want to go alone so here I go out the door. 4:15 here in Oquawka, IL. Wish us luck.

I stopped into a local department store about 7am. The checkout line was 2 HOURS long. I have better things to do with my time.... Like going for breakfast!:banana::D

Thank goodness there's only ONE BF a year! Although some stores have midnight "doorbusters" all year. Particularly video stores, for their new release days, on Tuesday's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did it once when my kids were little for an item they liked. Never do that again....even for the granddaughter. :)

LOL.... Never done it, Never will.....

The "deals" are not that great any way..

Todd Z

My take on BF:

Always seemed that mostly low-lifes and white treash types that camp out in these stores to save a few dollars.

My time, safety and sanity are woth more than that.

Besides, what does it say about a gift that you give if you have to fight other people for it.

TJR

I stopped by my local Menard's (a midwest DIY store) on the way to the Men's Warehouse. Got 30 AA batteries for $1.99 and two pairs of lounge pants for $4 each.

We went to the Fort Jackson PX, got there at 3 AM, done at 5:30. We picked up 2 laptops, $750 down to $359, 2 Kodack all-in-one printers, $29.95 down from $179, WII for $199 and some other small stuff. I won't do it again! But it was worth it this time.. And yes,,, this is the dayn for a BUNCH of trash to come out of the woodwork.

Last edited by a moderator:
Notice how BF is getting worse every year. The poor are getting poorer and to have the nice things in life, they have to camp out to get the deals to afford to do so.

While I could go to work for 30 minutes to make $20.00, it takes someone else 3 hours to make that same money.

Tom

I went out for 6am with my wife before I went to work for 9am. The deals were not that awesome and nothing we, or anyone we were buying for, was a significant savings.

Last year the deals actually got better after BF. Especially on TVs.

wow,

didn't realize that some of you label people as white trash just because they decide to shop on the day after thanksgiving. :huh:

Gary S,

No, I don't label all people that shop on the day after thanksgiving as white trash.

My experience has shown what SEEMS like MOSTLY some less than classy folks camp out for the doorbuster sales, then fight and claw as doors open trying to get one of the four or five laptops, or big screen TVs that are on some super sale.

Also, most of those people don't recognize this, but sometimes these 'so-called' doorbuster sales are really not that great of sales at all. Often the brand isn't the best, or the model is being discontinued.

Watched many reports on the late news last night with reporters "on location" at people camped out at the outlets and the big box stores. The lines looked like the line at the welfare office on the day checks are cut.

I don't hate the player or the game. Just calling them like I see them.

TJR

the lines looked like the line at the welfare office on the day the cks are cut? interesting comment, been there?, done that?

My wife waited in the local Walmart from 9:30pm Thurs. night to get a Laptop for my daughter. I told her she was nuts, but it was up to her to do it, so she did.:wacko:

Latest posts