Black Friday Shopping

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tjr,

you don't label all people as white trash & low lifes but MOSTLY are. and then you mention it looks like the lines at the welfare office the day cheques are cut.

did you ever realize anyone of us could be on those lines as maybe we lost our jobs in this down econonmy. the wife and i are fortunate to have a good jobs and i make six figures but shop at walmart. does that make me white trash?

i don't do black friday and yes maybe the deals are not so great, but to make a blanket statement like that is wrong. i never shop in high end stores and if some people choose to wait on lines, so be it. imo, that does not make anyone white trash.

but i do drive a white trash trailer park corvette ;)

Gary S,

Okay, I apologize. To be fair I shouldn't have said MOSTLY, but should have said MANY.

I won't take back anything else I said. The lines of the people camped out for doorbuster sales have many pretty low-class people hanging out in them, and their actions in line and when the doors open are evidence of their upbringing.

If you missed the local news to see some of the caliber of folks I am talking about, you need only go to YouTube and search: Black Friday

Oh, and no, I don't think that everyone that shops at WalMart is white trash. But, if you have been to WalMart in almost any town you can't help but walk around and see a lot of white trash there.

So, as I said...change MOSTLY to MANY and we are all good, and it is no longer a "blanket statement", just a very perceptive observation.

TJR

tjr,

that is your "perceptive observation"

i am pretty sure the majority of people waiting are respectful people. i just don't think it is a fair assumption to label the people waiting as white trash & low class. yes there are a handful who don't give a crap about anyone but themselves and have no regard for anyone else. that happens everyday by all walks of life, not just on black friday at a walmart.

TJR, your perceptive Observations, are the only reason i read what you post, you are without question off the wall nuts.

my wife, a registerd nurse with a masters degree, was at wallmart this A.M to stock up on holiday items, graet deals to be had, you might ck them out.

you could always wear a holloween costume:cool:

Bill, Gary,

Like I said, not trying to make a blanket statement. Just my observations. Not saying all, just many.

I'm not labeling those as waiting or shopping at that time as white trash or low class; but I am saying that I have seen many white trash and low class in such lines...those are my observations. So, I am not labeling all, just some, and the ones I am labeling I am doing so no doubt "unfairly", based on today's politically correct climate.

But I still call a spade a spade.

If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck...

And, yes, I know there are such "low class" types of people that can be met everyday, in all walks of life. It just seems to me that black friday sales, WalMart and Nascar bring them out in droves. :banana:

TJR

I'll back you up TJR, I worked 4 black friday's at Best Buy and it brings out the worst in people. For the most part people were always calm and didn't cause problems, but every year there were some, and I worked at 3 stores in 2 different states. I had things thrown at me and told to f*** off, because people didn't like the answers I gave them. Not everyone is trashy, but they are always there..

check out the lyrics of "people are people" written by martin l. gore of the depeche mode.

one of their many great songs.

imo, recently it seems there are few members who should listen to it ;)

now, pass the bong and lets get our peace signs out :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to Walmart today around noon, they seemed to be still reeling from Black Friday and the "door busters" Picked up a 1 terabite external drive 78 bucks, a sentry fire safe 25 bucks, a cross cut shredder 25 bucks. Didn't get up early, but still they had a few good buys. The Drive my son wanted, the fire safe was over 70 bucks a few months ago.

I've worked Black Fridays and have shopped them, they generally suck....bad.

Latest posts