bit the curb this weekend in the rain..OUCH

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Sundown

Reaction score
I am so pissed. Last night in the heavy rain Drove thru a dark road with tha damn black out headlight covers that don't give any good lighting. Drove up a curb and was too late. took out both my right side rims on the edges. Plans will be to grind down as best and paint the whole damn thing all black. Was lucky not to get any flats or dent. Steering is still good and no wobble out of the norm. Just wanted to vent out. I was trying to act like it didn't bother me last night. BUT IT PISSES ME OFF. Unless someone wants to buy locally in NY I'll sell them for $900.00 and take your stock wheels.

[Broken External Image]:

Sorry to hear Jason. It really sucks when something like that happens. The rims looked great but I think they will look even better painted all black.

Not trying to push a sale or anything but maybe get rid of the covers and get a set of painted headlights from Zabteck. They can do them in black or even color matched to your truck.

George

Great place, Great work...

http://www.nyrimfix.com/

Todd Z

Alright wise guys.....They aren't that bad. I will keep em and get it looking better. As for the covers I like them. I will get HIDs. I paid $1800 for the 20's with tires.

Hey.... Captain obvious has painted fingernails! :eek::unsure::lol:

A lot of people really complaint when I make them remove their headlight covers. There is a reason why they are illegal in many states (after dark), and there is a good example, good thing it was just a curb you hit.

Get rid of the covers and go the other way and get you some nice bright silverstars.

I actually am waiting for my patent to be approved for headlight covers that are pitch black during the day and transparent at night.

I know they are illegal here. I know if I broke down in the night in a dark place my vehicle is not visible to other because the reflectors are blocked. I was going to add some red decal reflectors somewhere on the bumper area. I will still keep them on because they make my truck look nice. there are many things that are illegal for cars but they sell it on the market as if anyone would go off roading or why do they mass produce it. They want to take the easy way out . Why not fine the aftermarket companies for selling it to anyone instead of verifying each person they sell to if it will go on a non registered vehicle. off road, etc.. I still like it. I know lowering/raising cars is illegal and putting HID's in vehicles not equipped with it is but everyone gets away with it. How about police officers with choppers/hot rods that are super loud or getting off tickets with eachother. It's all still unfair to ticket regular civilians only

for stuff like this. It's a way of life for some people.

Jsundown said:
It's all still unfair to ticket regular civilians only

for stuff like this. It's a way of life for some people.

Translation: I should get to pick and choose the laws that I think apply to me.

Sorry, jsundown, but you are rationalizing.

TJR

Note I can only recall ever writing one ticket for headlight covers and that was to a guy that I told twice he had to remove them at night and the third time I saw him I gave him a ticket because he obviously did not get the hint. I have stopped and told many people to remove them and I tell them why. I is not manly so that others can see you it is so that your lights are bright enough to see where you are going so you dont hit stuff which according to you is a cause of your accident.

Firedog is fair. You gave him warnings and you're right. Once an officer tells me something is illegal and gives me the option I respond immediately.