Biggest upset in college football h istory

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they are now out of the running for the National Championship

Just like last year, they didn't have a shot this year either...

Michigan was put at 5 from last years results as a whole

Really? Why then wasn't Florida #1? The pre-rankings are just that. It's where people think some teams should be before the year starts based on lots of info and voter bias (USC) and they are almost never exactly right.

They looked more unorganized than lack of talent.

That's why it's a team sport...

"Biggest upset in college football history"?????????

Nahhhhh.....I don't think so....

I think it just reinforces what everyone outside the snow belt already knows...that the myth that is (or, "WAS") big(we-can-only-count-to)10 football has once again been shown to be just THAT...

If years and years of getting waxed in the Rose Bowl by smaller but quicker teams from the LAC-10 didn't do it, Florida's beatdown of the Luckeyes [generally agreed to be the fastest team in your little league] in the desert certainly should have opened your eyes to the big(we-can-only-count-to)10's GLARING overall lack of speed. Teams like App State certainly don't have the manpower of a team from an alledgedly major conference, but they obviously made up for it in quickness and PREPARATION. [Note to Tressel, Carr et al: Just because you can wear down other big, slow Midwest teams (such as Notre Shame) with your 3-yards-and-a-splash-of-mud offense DOESN'T mean you can do the same when you play outside competition.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Alan, respect at still being a proud fan. It is the biggest upset I have ever heard of, these folks don't know how inferior a league 1-AA really is. You guys can still play spoiler to lots of big teams and of course, get some respect back by taking it to Ohio State.

Keep your head up

Go Gators

STogie

I think time will really put the game in perspective.

I'll go with Ga Tech's 222-0 over Cumberland in 1916 as the biggest upset in history. Not that anyone ever game Cumberland a hope a winning...but getting shut out and having two-hundred twenty-two points scored against them? That's unbelievable.

I actually heard/read more details recently about the Ga. Tech v. Cumberland game. Cumberland had ended its program the year before, but Ga. Tech held them to the committment. So Cumberland literally just banded together a bunch of students to meet the committment.

Looking at the list from the link Caymen provided, the only one I can remember is #9...and I am surprised at that. I was at a $.25 draft night in Auburn that Thursday night. I think I was $4.00 in at that point. The whole place a nothing but a bunch of drunken students. However, when the end of the game came close, the whole place stopped and got quiet for that final goaline stand. The whole place errupted as we all hated Florida State...the rest of the night I cannot recall.

Heisman was upset that Cumberland beat Ga Tech 22-0 the previous year in baseball, particularly with the rumours of ringers on the team...so Heisman made Cumberland pay a $500 fee before the game, and had a $3000 cancellation fee. Some of the players were football players from previous years, and the team went on to play "four or five" more games after Ga Tech.

We will see how the season plays out. I still look forward to my saturdays watching Michigan play with my MIke Hart jersey on. Thats what i live for in the fall. Even if they lose every game of the season..

Maybe a little redemption, App lost last night to Wolford......

Some things just suck.

I gues that means Wolford is better than Michigan ????:wacko: