anyone shave there head?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Barber

Reaction score
Don't have alot of hair left. costs 20 bux a mo. for a haircut, wife said just shave it all off:eek:

lots of guys do it these days.

downside is sunburn me thinks, upside is no more washing my hair (whats left)

anyone here do it?

I have shaved my head right down for 7 + years

I love it, dont have to buy shampoo or conditioner. low maintenance, no bed head, no hat head... and for the sunburning... put on sunscreen. I'll never go back.

I used to shave it, but I grew it out a bit because I am trying to find a job. Like Big D said, it is great. Low maintenance, no shampoo very cool in the summer.

I switch back and forth between no guard on my electric clippers and right now I'm bic'd.. No guard is nice just because you only have to do it every other week or so, bic'd is pretty much an everyday thing, but once you get used to it, it goes quick in the shower.

Bill - I am about there with you. I am just about completely bald on the top of my head, and having a hard time wanting to spend the money for a haircut any longer. My only concern with doing it is, what kind of razor is best to use, or electric shaver?

Tommy - why would having your head shaved inhibit you from finding a job? It is not like you are showing up with long greasy hair to an interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always do a 1 all the way around, not completly shaved, but close enough. Been doing it for bout 4 years now. I absoluelty love it, and will never go back to long hair. I still use shampoo, but it last me a long a time, cause i dont have to use so much. Its the best feeling when driving with the windows down after you freshly shave it :cool: . And summer time is the best, not as hot :banana:

I'm only 29 years old, and I've been shaving my head since I was 16. Have gotten it down to a point that I don't need a mirror to shave. Its so much cheaper, just to buy some electric clippers for those times that you let the beard over grow. The reason for my shaving is for my skin disorder of dry skin. So after shaving I use rubbing alcohol and then I use aquaphor. (over the counter cream) I shave it completely bald. Just feels more comfortable.

I do.

First I started with a cheap pair of clippers and the 1/8" guard. Did that for years. Was buzzing it about once a month.

May '08 I took the plunge, removed the guard and grabbed the same Mach 3 (or Quattro, depending on which has cheaper blades when I need refills) bladed razor I use for my face and did the entire head. You will be surprised how quickly you can get practiced shaving your own head with a wet razor.

The downside is that it takes longer to shave. I shave my head at least twice a week, when shaving my face (which I shave about 5 times a week...I need a shave now ).

The sunburn factor isn't much worse than it was before as I had no hear on top and back, just the sides.

TJR

NO WAY !!!!!

LOL :lol::lol:

I just let nature take it out for me.....

Should be bald by 40 !!!!! :cool::cool:

HAHAHAH

Todd Z

Don't trust myself with a razor so I just buzz mine regularly. Got a cordless clipper that I use about once a week. Like others I have little hair on top. Gave up on comb-overs years ago. Still get a laugh over those that think comb-overs are hiding anything. :)

I'm sure it's a good idea at some point, but you really have to be careful.

You don't want to end up looking like a di*k head:

[Broken External Image]:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm surprised no one posted these in this thread yet...

e51b022e0ac3d106ef3737e28b8161e0.jpg

[Broken External Image]:

I am at Boodro's stage - my wife puts a '1' guard, and shaves all-around. I'm just about at the give-up point, and it's sheep-shearing time!

I pay the $14 + $3 tip every two weeks to get mine cut as close as possilbe (clippers with no guard). Shaving seems like a pain in the butt and good for cutting off an ear or mole or something, but if you can help me save $44 a month, I'm interested too.

Hair sucks.

God is good,

God is fair.

Some He gives brains

and some he gives hair.

Regarding those apprehensive about cutting yourself when saving your head:

I've been shaving my head at least twice a week with a blade razor for more than a year. That's well over 100 shaves and not a knick yet.

Try it...come to the dark side.

TJR