anyone shave there head?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gavin, go to Walmart and pick up a set of electric clippers for about 30-40 bucks and a can of aerosol clipper lube. Go out in the garage and lean over a big garbage can. If you want it as short as possible, you really can't screw it up. Just run the clippers with no guard all over your head from different directions, it'll be perfect and you'll be ahead of the game in less than a month.

Hiar is evil! The sooner it is gone, the better!

Just think- when we were young and stupid, we tried to grow it as long as possible and we wasted so much time on hair drying it and detangling it and all the conditioners, etc.

Get rid of hair and BE FREE!

I've got some Wahl clippers for the cats. I might try it- just scared I'll leave it uneven or miss several spots. My wife won't help- she doesn't want anything to do with it.

Hey Bill- don't forget to shave the netherregions too. Grandpa always told me the mailbox looks taller if you clip the weeds around it, and he is right!

LOL at Gavin and the "netherregions" and the mailbox!

And if your wife doesn't want any part of it, looks like you'll have to go outside your marriage. :lol:

[Broken External Image]:

Think it would not be easy to clip it off yourself, wife did the deed no prob.

Just trying to figure out how shave it myself.

Neighbor says I look alot younger, no mo Gray hair:banana:

Bill,

Shaving with a razor is easier than you think. Soap and water the cue up really good, then put a thin coat of shaving cream on, preferrably something like Edge gel whipped into a nice lather.

Then, use a new double or triple bladed razor.

Here is how I do it.

- Stand facing mirror

- Start at top, (where I have only a few finer hairs) and go front to back with the handle pointed towards the back...it's like mowing a yard, one strip, then another, each one overlapping.

- Next, the sides, in front of, above and just behind the ears, I MOSTLY go bottom to top on this, but also top to bottom above the ears.

- Lastly, the back, and this is tricky. Start at the base of the neck and go bottom to top, long strokes, keep going until all the way around your head.

Lastly, rinse your head with some water in your hand, then FEEL around on your head for any high spots or missed spots. Hit them as needed with the razor. When shaving around the top of the ears fold the tops of the ears down for easy access.

The key is to overlap your strokes with the blade. You miss a lot less that way.

Give it a shot. You will have it down in no time.

Oh, and when all done, and dried, apply a little moisturizing cream to your whole head. This is pretty critical the first week or two as your head will likely be dry. After that, not so much, and not needed so often. However, it does give you a nice shine, and you bead up like a nice wax job in the rain! ;)

TJR

Last edited by a moderator: