Anyone painted thier radio bezel and console

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Abson 2

Reaction score
Anyone painted their radio face and center console Ford Blue? Or what colors have been done? Can you give picks? I want to do the blue, but the wife doesn't think it will look good, and I want to be sure. I have the grey adrenalin interior.

Ouch! That was a pretty looking ride! Liked the changing paint scheme on the inside. May have to look at that too. And that carputer rocks! I am gonna have to look into saving for that and the link to the OBD too! Thanks for the input! :cool:

A couple of other guy did it here.They told what kind of paint to use. MY question is did they sand it or strip the paint off first?

Last edited by a moderator:
when i did mine, i stripped the pain off first, then gave it a light sand, primer, then paint, with a clear coat. but then i ended up builind a center console, which is just primered right now.

Boodro

Ray, He built it himself..

Todd Z

Yep, she was rolled... Not by me.

I saw her for the first time since it happened a week ago, and got yelled at by her new current "owner". BTW, avoid Van's towing service in Kingdom City, MO at all costs. He all but stole her out from under us legally, and from my experience the guy's a dick. I was thinking about posting the post-wreck pics on Cardomain, but I don't know yet...

Jmlscoop, you'll want to strip and sand it first. The silver paint reacts to new paint and bubbles. I found that out the hard way. Originally used Duplicolor Cayman green, then switched to Duplicolor Mirage.

Reaper, thanks! Saw your comment on Cardomain (on my phone) I'll comment back and check your page when I can. The car computer was originally a Bronze package mini-atx tower from Industrial Flower Factory. I bought it from the swap and sell here. It has a Via mainboard motherboard, so all the sound and video are directly on the motherboard to save room, and has been modified with a DC-DC power supply from mp3car.com. I eventually built the plexi enclosure in the back of the cab to save room, and look cool. The screen in the console was done by a member here, Ryan Eylander. I have since transferred the computer over to my Mustang.

Check out this site, its where I think he found it. As for the mounting, he did that himself, and its something that I am going to look into.

http://store.mo-co-so.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=24

what they have would really do virtually everything that I need, MP3, engine monitoring, bluetooth, nav, even movies and other stuff.

Frodoplayer with a custom skin that I wrote for the music, and iNav 3.0 with custom cursors (created with Resource Hacker) and a re-written theme.ini to change the map colors.

Check out my library for more pics.

I did, thats why I was asking, very cool! I am blessed that I got a friend that worked for Microsoft here, and now runs a side business. I will be asking him if he can come up with some slick stuff. Probably would love to help me set this carputer into the truck! Thanks for all the info! Still no one with a blue look other than yours responded, so I may spring for a junkyard part, paint it and tape it for the wife to see.

Don't do the blue! The previous owner of my truck had painted my radio bezel blue, along with the small defroster vents and gauge surround. It looked horrible! I was embarrassed to drive it for the first few weeks until I was able to get around to getting it repainted. I felt like a ricer....:eek:

Well, thats 2 no's (wife counts as one). And no yes's other than me. So the next question would be if I custom mod the center console to accept a carputer screen, is there a color code for the two tone grey that I have in the Adrenalin? I would want to keep the original color.:unsure:

Larry,

It's a shame about Jade. :(

You wrote "owner" in quotes. Is there some question of ownership or you just hate the idea of who the new "owner" is?

Larry

I'm looking to paint the silver part of my console black to match the overhead 0n my '02.

You said

"you'll want to strip and sand it first. The silver paint reacts to new paint and bubbles. I found that out the hard way. "

What did you use to strip it prior to sanding?

Andy

Latest posts