Anyone painted thier radio bezel and console

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You wrote "owner" in quotes. Is there some question of ownership or you just hate the idea of who the new "owner" is?

I hate the idea of who the new owner is. My dad signed the title over to him because the storage fees were racking up. The guy came out and loaded her up on the side of the road, didn't talk to a single person, namely my dad, threw everything he could find in the bed and hauled her off to his shop. But honestly, we had nowhere to store her, to see how bad the damage was and see what we could salvage.

WOW!!!! Was that a beautiful ST or what? Damn Larry, that was incredible.

Thanks Greg. I'm thinking of building another one some day.

What did you use to strip it prior to sanding?

I just sanded it down. When I started, I didn't do anything and had problems when I put the first color on, so when I switched to the Mirage, I sanded it down almost to bare plastic. I said strip it too to help eliminate the problems I had.

thanks for the info bro... man that was such a gorgeous ST

glad ur still lurking the boards tho

No problem Reaper, Always glad to pass on info...

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering about the running boards. I would be thrilled to have them on my Trac.

Were they damaged?

Would it be possible to buy them?

I've had a couple of requests on them. I didn't get a good chance to look at them since the guy ran me off, and now it's not even possible to buy any parts off of her. I only got one part back aside from the stuff I found on the highway (fuel door) and that was the center console top. It's damaged, but I'm thinking about trying to clean it up and fix it.

Latest posts