anyone instal hids on 01 ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Sundown

Reaction score
Is there a kit for the 01 ST HID conversion???? Need to purchase some really soon I see some universal ones for $80.00 on ebay

Is the kit you have universal or direct fit. By the way what did you pay for them at the time???

At the time, somewhere around $200 comes to mind. It's a direct fit conversion for 9007 style bulbs, so they install just like the original halogens, except that there is a new wiring harness that plugs into the factory wires, and a ballast box for each light. Very easy installation. I got mine from hidynamic.com

one more question. when did you install them and how are they holding up now. I've seen some people with one hid out. and i figured they couldn't have been that old to burn out that quick. Thanks Larry

My kit is one brightness, but there's other kits that have both. That's why I consider this my "stage 1" project. I'm planning on building projector headlights with solenoids and mirrors to give me high beams back.

http://www.fordrides.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6&zenid=774668ac58c7fdce68f1ebfbc0916464