any one tryed this

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Clary

Reaction score
Sorry to be this far off base but I value the advice you folks give. The wife has me convinced to buy a new LCD telivision. Two have caught my eye. Toshiba 46rv535U and Samsung ln46a550. The best price I can get is an internet store, Newegg. My dilemma is the internet part. Has anyone tried this store or another internet store? Even with shipping it's less money than localy and they will deliver it to my door. Thanks for any advice:wacko:

not to add more to your plate but i got a Panasonic LCD about 1.5 years ago.. and really love the picture.. for some reason i like it better than the Samsung... 2 of my friends have them and i believe my LCD is clearer and cleaner... just an OPINION...

rob

Never ordered a TV from them but Newegg has always been great with the smaller computer stuff I have ordered from them in the past. I would say that you probably are not the first to order a TV from them and if there was a problem with it (like half of them end up broken in shipment) they would not be selling them.

Newegg is very reputable internet merchant. Over past few years I've bought from Newegg - two brand new laptops, high-end external hard drive and bunch of miscellaneous computer related hardware (memory, DVD drives, etc) all transactions and deliveries went without any issues. So I would recommend Newegg any day.

The only thing with a 46" TV being delivered is possible damage during shipping, so I would recommend thoroughly inspecting the box on delivery and not signing the delivery slip if something looks damaged (I doubt delivery guys will let you open the box to check for damage, but you can try). Also, I believe TVs are non-refundable on Newegg, so you can't return it if you simply don't like it.

I have 3 Samsungs, two LCDs & one plasma, all are excellent TVs and no problems. My only concern is the shipping. These things can't be handled roughly or you may have problems. Unless you are saving quite a bit of money, I would still purchase locally...jmo

im bought a sony 46" projection 5 years ago and it wenty south last year. bought a 50" vizio lcd from a place called micro center here in kansas city, but think they are nationwide. got it on sale for $999.

they also have great cutomer service. they had a $100 mail-in rebate with this deal and we waited and never did get it. went online to their site and said it had been mailed a week before. waited a few more days and then made a trip to micro center store to complain and the manager was so nice, never got a chance to "vent". he checked on line right there and said "no problem", he would just pay me the $100 right there and then!! didn't expect that!!

dutch

I've bought computer components from Newegg before. They are pretty well known and I have good reputation. I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Rocks

I would suggest the samsung. Also I would say you have nothing to worry about with newegg, its popularity is growing at a rapid rate, I have used it and so have my roommates. One used it to buy an LG LCD tv for our apartment. Its great and we had no problems with the site

I have the Toshiba 42rv535U, which is the same TV, just a bit smaller. Love it. Great picture... Can't help with the internet sale though, as I bought it local.

I just bought a 46" Panasonic 1080p plasma from Newegg a few months ago and got a great price.

Better yet, they don't charge sales tax (except in certain areas), offer free 12-month financing with a Newegg credit card (which is free to get) and if you go through eBates.com first you can get 3% cash back as well.

Mine arrived on time and in perfect shape, so I'd highly recommend them.

Also, I'm almost positive shipping was free on mine, so look around and see if you can find a free shipping code.

Last edited by a moderator:
I SWEAR by Newegg. They are pretty much the only place I purchase things. Best prices and mostly free shipping. I'll be getting a new TV soon as well and won't hesitate to buy from them.

Mike

I guess Im not so picky. I go to the dicount store. I see one that looks good. I buy it. When my nieghbor says his is better. I say so what. In the end it is what your eyes get use to. Just buy a good brand that looks good. Then dont second guess yourself...:D

Bought from Newegg as well.Good stuff,great help and delivery.If they have what you want you can order with no fears as far as my experiences go.

Have to agree with the others. Have bought alot from Newegg and have had nothing but great service. I wouldn't sweat it if that is the best price for you. I always read the feedback on the item for the item I'm buying. You can usually weave yourself through the crap feedback some people leave. Some people won't be happy with anything unless they can get it for free.;)

I bought mine local. but when checking the internet one company required you to open the box and make sure there was no damage before the driver left. I don't remember how they shipped.

The customer reviews are SO important to look at. When I was looking for a "little" 26" LCD for my bedroom, I did my research and ended up buying a Vizio from Wal Mart, instead of a pricey name brand. The Vizio (in that size at least) had HUGE reviews, while some of the big name brands looked like junk. I couldn't be happier with my choice. Do your research and you won't be disappointed!

One more thing- reviews.cnet.com has fantastic reviews of HDTVs. The Toshiba you mentioned hasn't been reviewed, but the review of the Samsung is at the link below.

I have built several computers for myself and others and have purchased all the parts at Newegg.

They are the BEST in the business. Good prices, quick shipping and excellent customer service.

:cool:

Latest posts