Air bag suspension? possible?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris MacAdams 2

Reaction score
Does anyone have or even know of an air bag system that will work on the ST, i dont want to slam it i just want to drop it down a few inches when i want to but return it to stock when i need it. i did a search and didnt find anything, if anyone has info it would help or even if you know about Air suspension it would help Thanks

No "bolt-on" kit for air ride. I'm bagging mine on 22's and its been cut up alot to get it low. How low do you want to go? Frame? or just low?

i want it so i can have it stock height for just driving around but i want to drop the front end a good 3-4 inches and the back 2-3 inches when im on the highway or just trying show:D. i realize the functionality of using airbags for aerodynamics on an ST is kinda rediculous but it would look so badass pulling up to a light, hitting the switch and having it drop down:)

You might as well go all out then. I mean you can get low with out really cutting anything on it like the bed or frame. But you won't get that much lower then if you were using blocks and a TT.

Unless you are really handy with a welder and have a few grand to toss around, to only get a few inches lower on air bags just isn't worth it.

With the ST as high off the ground as it is, you'll need more then 3" of suspension drop to <i>really</i> be noticeable anyway. If you traveled around with a stock height ST all the time, then 3" is plenty, but with no comparison, 3" is nothing.

You can't go just half-way with the air bags...either you cut the truck up to make them work fully so you get your money's worth, or you don't do it at all and be happy with a static drop.

You could probably LOWER the truck via lowering blocks and TT in the front...

Then install AIR shocks and jack it back up when needed...

Just reinforce the rear lower shock mounts to handle the weight..

Todd Z

SST,

Toms setup is for towing, The air helps keep the rear of the truck up..

Todd Z