Adrenalin Sound System

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric G 2

Reaction score
Hello all,

The packet supplied with the Pioneer 500watt sound system says to not modify any part of the sound system as it may cause malfunction. I was wondering if this was just a scare tactic in order to maybe keep warranty or something else. Or can the Pioneer head unit be upgraded easily without problem?

Thank you

Anything can be modded with the right hardware and knowlage and yes will void the warranty unless you put it back to stock before you take it in. More than likey you would a need special bypass/conversion harness if you change the headunit. all i can say is Google.

IT is a special system, Yes it can be modified, But does require knowledge of wiring, and the system..

Todd Z

According to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, the onus will be on the manufacturer to PROVE that modifications caused failure with the warranted part. Just because you have modified the vehicle does not automatically mean that the warranty is voided.

True. the bass can be cranked up pretty good n delivers a punch.. Thank you all for the responses and for bein so quick about it. Im glad I joined up, everyone here knows a lot and is great to talk to. My friend just got the Pioneer AVIC Z-1 as his head unit and he said it opened up the range of his speakers. Im pretty sure the Adrenalin speakers are at their full potential, I just wasn't sure.

True. the bass can be cranked up pretty good n delivers a punch.. Thank you all for the responses and for bein so quick about it. Im glad I joined up, everyone here knows a lot and is great to talk to. My friend just got the Pioneer AVIC Z-1 as his head unit and he said it opened up the range of his speakers. Im pretty sure the Adrenalin speakers are at their full potential, I just wasn't sure.

I just completed my system and had best buy put it in. I hooked up two amps and a cap to the factory head unit. Sync stills works like a champ. I also replaced all four door speakers and install a 12 inch sub in the back.