accessory power after key off ???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats not hard to build at all.....

hmmm............

Todd Z

Gavin, you may be on to something there, Not new, but newer ?????........:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Allen, this is from bulldogsecurity.com. It's where I get my wiring diagrams for when I put in remote starters. This is for an '03.

12 VOLT CONSTANT YELLOW (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

STARTER RED/LIGHT BLUE (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

STARTER 2 N/A

IGNITION 1 LIGHT GREEN/PURPLE (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

IGNITION 2 PINK/BLACK (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

IGNITION 3 N/A

ACCESSORY/HEATER BLOWER 1 BROWN (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

ACCESSORY/HEATER BLOWER 2 BLACK/GREEN (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

Go to the site and click on "vehicle wiring diagrams" and enter in the vehicle make, then find the Explorer Sport Trac and click on the year.

The Harness runs right in the steering column. Take the bottom panel off the dash and the wires are very heavy gauge and in a big bundle. Can't miss them.;)

How do you think Gavin? You must be seeing something that I'm missing. Of course, I'm not great when it comes to figuring this type of stuff out. If it could be done with 3 fuses, it would make it even easier.;)

You could do it in three but the author is trying to keep a solid 12v to positive and neg (hence the lower two relays). BUT, there must be power on accessory 1 or the whole thing doesn't work. Is there power to accessory 1?

I'm assuming the colors are different on an 07?

Thank God mine 02 doesn't do that. It drives me nutts when all four doors lock when the ST is started up. My 05 Hyundai Elantra has the window option until you open a door.

I hated the door thing with my 04 so I disabled it along with the seat belt chime, it was really cramping my style trying to hunt on the backroads.

Allen, here are the colors of the "door triggers" for each door. If I do this, it will only be for the driver's door.;)

This vehicle has several door trigger wires, the DRIVERS DOOR is a YELLOW/BLACK (-) in the DRIVERS DOOR HARNESS, the REAR DRIVERS DOOR is a LIGHT GREEN/YELLOW (-) in the DRIVERS KICK PANEL, the PASSENGERS DOOR is a GREY/RED (-) and the PASSENGERS REAR DOOR is a PINK/LIGHT BLUE (-)

Stone - you are correct and so is Gavin. it can be done with two relays but you run the risk of overloading one of the circuits. thats why i added the other three relays to isolate the ACC 1 away from the 2 and 3 and vice versa. alot of these vehicles do it from the factory but its great to do on the radio if you add an after market radio. you can just add that to the acc wire that powers up the radio (behind the radio). anyone needs help email me i can help you out.

Latest posts