accessory power after key off ???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Is this an 04 and up thing or something special ???

I know my 03 doesn't have it ...

Todd Z

nope, the windows, and radio specifically..

Todd Z

Is there a way to do it to all the tracs?

Also is there a project or a special switch to install?

Inquiring minds want to know!!!

Paul H

I know how to get it, Just woundering if it was an option or something that was standard on newer tracs...

P.S ( paul this is killing me !!)

Todd Z

Paul, I still have the e-mail that was sent to me on the relays you would need and the wiring diagram. I'll forward it to you tonight when I get home. It should work on any of them and it doesn't look that hard to do. Especially if you've done car starters like I do.;)

Robert,

Thank you

Todd Z

Todd are you thinking of getting a "gem" from an 04 now and installing or what. More enquiring minds._Ron

The HU and windows work for about 10min. after key removed, on my '04...or until I open the door....

Last edited by a moderator:

Tiger,

The windows/etc work until you open the door but the radio does not with the XLT.

I want the radio to work. I'm sure it is easy to do, I just don't have a schematic.

Ah, that makes a little more sense. Ford was in the habit of cutting back features on the ST there for a few years, just didn't think they'd continue the trend to the '07s.

Ok boys and girls. Here is the schematic MPTony sent me. Now this is for hooking up relays to get the power to stay on to the accessories after turning off the ignition.;)

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts